First time tanker...

Wikkus

Greetings fellow heavy-metal fans! :D

Just discovered the demo by accident and have taken a shine to it already!

Can I ask a few (possibly) dumb questions? Just what the heck am I supposed to be shooting at in stage one of the Firing Range training mission?

Once the AI driver makes it to waypoint #1 (and adopts a pointless hull-down..) I can't see anything like guns over at the "Military Camp" only a pair of two-storey buildings.

Ok, in real life, any arty or a/t guns would/should be well concealed but heck, these guys seem to be totally invisible! How can I shoot something I can't see? Am I missing something? (no pun intended) Do I need new spectacles? ;)

Secondly, if I use the gunners position, switch to TC position and then switch back to the gunner's position, the gun tube is depressed to max. This, hopefully, is just a bug and is fixed in the retail version...?

Similarly, the gunner's zoom takes an /age/ to use; surely not prototypical...?

Lastly, I'm not familiar with Russian designations, etc. Can someone enlighten me as to what type of round each of the B-N selector switches are? I'd have guessed that the default (pos#1) is APFSDS, but would like to know for sure and to know which are HE, HEAT, AP, etc.

Look closely between those two buildings. smile.gif Have you hit 3 so that the TC spots targets for you?

And I can throw in the ammo abbreviations too:

BPS - Sabot

OFS - HE

BKS - HEAT

U(?) - Guided missile (Good for both air and armored targets.)

P - Coax MG ammo

When I first played the tutorial, the AI driver put me in the tank trench...BUT...it drove up partly on the front side of the trench so the front of the tank was too high to depress the barrel low enough to hit anything. I suggest you learn to drive. It is best to drive yourself and position yourself. The AI driver seems to have too many epileptic fits to drive effectively in a straight line and park the tank.

If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse you can use that to zoom as well.

Many thanks to all that responded to my query - you all nailed it! :)

Spotted the a/t gun between the buildings, learnt to drive (lol!) and can now select the correct round for each target type.

You guys rock!

:)

Off to practice some more; I seem to have an enormous neon "SHOOT ME!" sign attached to the top of my turret as the Leo in the final scenario manages to nail me through the tree-line despite being completely invisible to me!

Rik.

You can remove the foliage in the configuration. I was frustrated by the same thing. I would much rather have the grass for the sake of authenticity but it didnt seem fair that they could see me but I could not see them. Obviously the computer does not recognize the grass as something that blocks line of sight. However, another benifit of removing grass is that it frees up processing power.