No visible damage model for the Leopard?

G'day all, I noticed in the demo that no matter how much I pounded the Leopard in the demo single mission, it showed no signs of damage, other than the gun tube going "limp" after the first hit.

I couldn't get the crew to bail either - it just sat there on the hillside not moving, no sign of life. I advanced to within 100 metres of it and pounded Jebus out of it, with no visual reaction. I clobbered a track and that seemed to release its brake, because it then rolled down the hill a bit.

I think what you are seeing might be a case of "partial penetrations" that damage the Leo but do not produce any clearly visible outside marks? In any case, the Leo is pretty well armored but it does have a full damage model in place. Needless to say, unlike in Hollywood or some other RTS games, tanks (especially modern tanks) do not always instantly brew up even from multiple penetrations.

Martin

At least the T-34/85 brews up easily enough. And I had the coolest engagement with the Leo in the firing range. It came almost right at me but I manage to squeeze in a shot at it's right track which fell off and caused the tank to turn to the right and thus exposing it's left side to me. smile.gif

Otherwise I've not seen a single instance of the Leo firing at me in the demo. What's up with that?

The Leopard does have a visible damage model:

shot_2005_07_17_10_31_09_0001.jpg

shot_2005_07_17_10_37_43_0003.jpg

I had already knocked it out and then after firing all three of the "U" rounds (which I think is the missile?), it finally caught fire. After the first U round it did show some outward signs of damage, but it sure seems to take a LOT to get it to happen.

I could put up some pics with some of the road wheels destroyed and the Leopard flipped ;)

While I seriously wish the English demo wasn't brain-dead, it has given me the opportunity to do some incredibly unorthodox things. Like dig a hole with some HE (or was it HEAT?) under the Leopard, push it with the T-72, and finally ram it and flip it.