Not really CM related but I have nowhere else to turn to!

I have a serious problem with my computer, it all started out when i ran Error checking, i noticed it deleted a orphaned file having to do something with mshtml, without giving anything a thought i went into internet explorer, and thats when the real problems start. First i cannot highlight any text in ie, cannot copy anything in IE, cannot use the Find function, cannot do anything Javascript related, and i cannot type into those bar thingies, like when you log onto these forums those bars you type in to log in, i cannot type in those. In system restore i cannot see the calendar on the left side and i cannot choose any choices! I have tried everything and it is an utter failure. Is there anyway to use System Restore without going into the System Restore wizard? I also really dont feel like reformatting, but if it comes to it, oh well.

Im on my sisters laptop right now because my internet explorer is practically useless. Please, can anyone help me?

Do you know how many files related to 'mshtml' were deleted ? You can download the 'mshtml.dll' file from here (though I don't know if it is Swedish specific or not). This is v. 6.00.2716.2200; I'm not sure what the version for IE 6.0 SP1 is, but a Win2K SP4 install has a version of 6.0.2800.1400 for this file. Possibly running some Windows updates may bring you up to this file version.

The other option would be to reinstall IE. Here's the initial download to start the install (which needs a good internet connection to get the rest of the files to install). You'll probably need to perform quite a few updates to get this install up to the latest files.

Schrullenhaft thank you for your reply,

But sadly, the first option you gave me didnt work, and when i try to uninstall IE to reinstall it, it gives me a error when i uninstall that says "Invalid .INF File". I fear that reformat is the only option, but i want to try every last option before doing so. I have made a copy of my C:\Windows\System32\Config\System when i had Boot problems with it, do you think replacing my backup System file would fix it? Thanks for you help so far....