Games "hanging"

Guest Mike

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Checkmate King 2:

Well, I reformatted my hard drive. Game Started out fine. I was able to download DIF update with no problem. However, I still can not play a game on the internet :confused:

Was playing the AI last night and today and game started hanging up alot. Actually receivedan error message durring the game when my leader was shot down on a 1:1 flight. It occurred on turn 3, my leader was flying a Ki-27 Nate(L). Message stated "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"...."at bartbert games.difo.client.forms.mainForm.command PlayCard(string command(XML)". While copying this message down another 2 or 3 came up stating difo.sharedGame Engine Class. Process Set Damage (string command...) I am running WIN98SE... Need help!!!

All errors should get logged to an error log file in the "bin" folder where the game is installed. If you send that to difadmin@battlefront.com we'll take a look.

Brian,

Just emailed the error files to you.

Last night I "got hung" again! I played 2 games against the AI with no problem. I have to do this every time to make sure the game is not hanging up before I play my US fliers who are not properly rested due to past game hang ups. Then in my 3rd game when I was playing with my favorite and most developed flyers, the US, the game hangs up on me. I can't win for trying!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Zanadu:

Any luck on a fix for the 'hang up' that occassionally occures at the end of a game, doubling you pilots' fatigue when you dump your way out of the game? Having a leader get 72 fatigue points for one bail out is kind of a bitch!!!

Thanks for asking smile.gif

Brian fixed my hang up problem. Plus he had suggested to play a few games and then stop playing and get out of the game completely. With WIN98 the longer you play DIF the more memory gets consumed. So now the game doesn't hang on me when I play the AI however, I still can not play any games on the internet! That is my only hanging problem now.

Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

Wow Mike, you use Win98? Thats too bad. If I win the lottery I swear I am sending you XP so you will be up to date with the rest of civilization. :D

I'd rather use the last reliable OS they made thanks smile.gif

I never said anything about holes.

But of course hte hackers are no longer making virii etc for 98 either, so it's getting to he stage of being Mac-like - secure because no-one can be bothered doing anything about it!!!! :D