Good Programming or Good Setup or Both?

For the past month I have kept both CMAK and CMBB running concurrently on my machine for 16 hours per day. I started doing this to avoid the frequent disk swaps. On top of these two, I run IE, Outlook Express, Zone Alarm, a SPAM filter, and Motherboard Monitor.

I just realized that my machine has not crashed in this entire month of 16 hour days with no rebooting other than the morning boot. I'd say CMAK and CMBB are well programmed, no?

Here's my setup:

Windows ME, nForce2 motherboard, 128 MB Ti4200 with 40.72 drivers, one stick 512 MB Mushkin RAM, XP 2400+. I'm even overclocked to 2296 mhz (14 x 164)

If you're having trouble with CM, and are in the market for a new rig, you might want to look into something similar to what I have above. It's the most problem free CM machine I've ever put together, and not at all high end these days. With the right setup, any CM title is extremely stable. Good programming, good machine, good fun.

Same for me.

Actully, the non-NT Win32 Windowzens (95, 98, ME) are not actually unstable by itself. They just allowed applications to screw with them to a wider degree than NT, 2000 and XP and that usually takes them down. Plus the drivers are often much more stable for NT+ and the driver model is better to start from.