Question about invading baltic states

Is it a normal/acceptable behaviour that when Germany first declare war to baltic states and then conquers Riga and after that declares war to Russia. It gives a notification "baltic states changes sides" and all the units currently there will lose all their supply to supply 0 and Riga turns to Soviet city eventhough there is German corps in the city? So in order to conquer baltic states I have to leave the city and come back there again.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

Well if you don't like reality of war just use the editor to change things into whatever you like.

That's not the question. Don't you get tired of defending obvious bugs in the game with pointing to the editor ???

And to the OP : this is obviously a bug. When you have conquered the Baltic states and even kept a unit in it's capital it should not switch sides again. I remember Hubert saying somthing about it a couple of weeks ago, so I guess we got to wait for one of the next patches.

I counter the bug by putting the garrison NEXT to the capital and when it switches sides, I march back in and re-capture it.

Same for conquering all of North Africa and keeping units in the cities by Italian troops... once you take Paris with German troops, they go back to Free French, and the Italians get a free plane ride back to Libya. You can take every French city first, and they all still revert. Sinister...

Free French cities should not be carved out of conquered cities. That should be an easy fix.