If a unit is at supply 5 or higher when it gets destroyed, then it can be bought back at 60% cost and production also only takes half the time (e.g. a basic corps destroyed at supply 5 now costs only 60 mpps and needs 1.5 months for production).

This is supposed to represent the fact that units in supply aren't completely destroyed, just that their combat capabilities are reduced to zero. In other words, everyone is not killed, but they are no longer capable of combat at that point.

The reason you get the "new" unit sooner and cheaper represents a rebuilding of the core cadre with replacements and equipment.

Actually...if units are cut off (without supply/HQ command), then they virtually surrender as soon as enemy forces come to take them prisoner (they don´t surrender to the wilderness if nobody is there to accept their capitulation... ;) ).

There is no surrender sign in the game (SC2 is representing the reality in an abstract way not only in this aspect :cool: ), but since when they are cut off they just don´t put up a real fight any more and can be taken prisoner without much effort you can consider this their surrender - and they also can´t be rebuild at reduced costs as they went into prison camps smile.gif .

This would be an excellent time to comment on the "combat cycle".

A good strategy starting with emphasis placed on producing all the ground units available, corps first, armies second priority. Best as the Germans seek to conquer the continent as units are rebuilt in the queue as soon as they're available.

IT and PT assisted the rebuilt units start to cycle always being available every turn for positioning without ops MPP expenditure.

As the game gets into the later stages this cycle can provide you great flexibility either on the offensive or defensive. Just remember to plan your conquests with the appropriate nation for placing future rebuilds, usually Germans for Axis.

Try to preserve some armies for maximizing elite reinforcements, letting the recycled corps take up the extended postions, initial assaults. Teched/experienced TGs represent a good killing machine for this later on also as you assault critical fortified entrenchments. Since they are high priority targets indiscriminate use should be avoided.

Those high experience units(not necessarily max strength) don't take many losses and this is what its all about, MPP efficiency.

As for a surrender, I think it would be a difficult code. Few Wargames I've played have one and just consider casualties along with wounded POWs, MIAs... I have suggested a slow diminishment of a Unit that is 0 supply to represent desertion, disease and famine... Say 10% per turn... i do not know if this will ever be implemented for a Strategic Wargame however.

Could represent some Surrendering Units, bit by bit... without actual combat giving Occuppied Zones more realism.