New Feature Idea: Destination Tile for Fleets

It would be nice if SC2 allowed players to set desitnation tiles for Naval units.

In SC1 if I want the UK Carrier in the Med to move to the Atlantic I have to move it each turn and sometimes I forget.

Ideally you could select a naval unit, click the distination tile and at the end of each turn the unit would auotmatically move towards that hex.

That's a good idea. It would be nice too if there was some kind of "reminder" function for all (or pre-designated) unmoved units. Don't know how often I would forget to move my random subs as the Axis player (esp. early war, before the Battle of the Atlantic really heated up) :(

In SC1 if I want the UK Carrier in the Med to move to the Atlantic I have to move it each turn and sometimes I forget.

Ah, LOL! And so have I.

However, I would not favor any cumbersome way-point system in this large scale game.

Seems to me the Game Player has many choices and challenges, not least of which is... taking sufficient time, even IF under relentless pressure from that Most Demanding Foe, to calmly, and thoroughly check ALL of the forces at his command.

Some opponents are beserkers, and INSIST upon responses... right now!

And wily you? You! can maintain what Hemingway called... "grace under pressure" and keep your head down and GI tin-hat firmly in place.

IF you have to check, and re-check... well, that is fine exercise, so that ALL other aspects of your own life will remain in an omnipresent yin-yan accordance... with ever co-evolving Nature. :cool:

Originally posted by Desert Dave:

Seems to me the Game Player has many choices and challenges, not least of which is... taking sufficient time, even IF under relentless pressure from that Most Demanding Foe, to calmly, and thoroughly check ALL of the forces at his command...

IF you have to check, and re-check... well, that is fine exercise, so that ALL other aspects of your own life will remain in an omnipresent yin-yan accordance... with ever co-evolving Nature. :cool:

Fine, but we need a next unit press buttom to run through all our units.

Bill, have you got any hair left to pull out.....myself.....damn little

Retributar.....its the "N" key.

Before I ever select the "turn finish" I always cycle through all my units using the "N" key to see which ones haven't acted. The units will be cycled through top to bottom, left to right, no need to ever forget moving a unit. The "N" key which is inbetween the "B" key and the "M" key on my keyboard sure saves me a lot of heartache over not commiting a unit's action points for that turn. Did I happen to mention that the "N" key will help you cycle through all your unmoved units quickly and precisely? tongue.gif

Only thing is R45, there may be specific requirements before your allowed to upgrade or reinforce and are you sure you would want to upgrade or reinforce those type units all over the map? I kind of like to use my low strength units for garrisoning/partisan suppression duties until I get enough MPPs to bring them back into the fray.

All right, the reinforce button is a bit extreme but I would like the ability to upgrade all air fleets at once and see how much it will cost without having to grab the calculator and spending a lot of time searching the map for my air fleets.

This is unlikely for the air force but imagine that you want to upgrade your Russian armies with the latest anti-tank tech before going into Germany. This would take quite a while and in multi-player(not PBEM), irritate your opponent(unless of course that's your point, I've noticed that my opponents start making a lot of mistakes when they're impatient to strike back zt me ;) )