First multiplayer AAR Condor (axis) vs Hellraiser (allies)

Condor's axis is gonna kick the living sh*t out of me I guess ... but...let's try to find out how the game behaves in MP.

House rules:

1. The use of transport boats for spotting is forbidden;

2. No DOW+landing the same turn rule;

3. Allies/axis are not allowed to DOW their neutral partners.

Soft build limits enabled, weather enabled, FOW enabled.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn 1

Condor breakthru in Poland - 2 units destroyed, another 2 cut off.

Poles try to regroup and do some unsuccesful counters.

Canada DOWs, Axis uboats raid.

USSR gets some tech - production or something.

Note: It appears it takes quite a long time to send the turns. We had one retrieval error so far - maybe connected with the fact that condor had the game alt-tabbed, dunno.

I HIGHLY suggest you play with the game as is before making house rules like rule #2.

If you can't do that, then you SEVERLY hamper the game.

Play the game before saying something is wrong.

I know I would never play with that rule.

there we go!

Lets play this game see how it goes.

Poland settings are OK, 2 corps destroyed and advancing towards capital that will fall on second turn and hopefully surrender.

Turn 2.

Poland and Denmark surrender.

1 UK cruisier sunk by subs and cruisiers trying to break thru North Sea.

the other sub is raiding.

I just you see evertime crying when ppl wanna load tranports for sniffing or other odd sea acitivities...or rules for sea acivities.....this doesnt help them at all.

Tell it or tell it not ...it will be unrevealed in any case....but i dont understand the sense in keeping it hidden.

Note: some turns are sent very fast, some quite slow.
This is TCP/IP network game, yes? First turn data exchanges are a little longer, the rest are shorter. Let us know how things go!

Obviously you both connected OK, and everything is pretty much the same as for SC1. FYI, the User Manual Updates and Errata file included with the game includes some additional troubleshooting information for network connections. If anyone has technical problems, there's the other SC2 forum to post comments on.

FYI, the game generates an error log file and a saved game file when the game crashes. You may have some connection issues that Hubert would want to address.

Dragonheart, play the game any way you want to and see what you can find. Then come back and tell us!

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

I just you see evertime crying when ppl wanna load tranports for sniffing or other odd sea acitivities...or rules for sea acivities.....this doesnt help them at all.

Tell it or tell it not ...it will be unrevealed in any case....but i dont understand the sense in keeping it hidden.

Well. I believe it's your readiness drop for keeping all those transports at sea. Plus, you can't upgrade them with the latest toys. And, if you tick the other guy off to much, he just might DOW you early and sink everything you've got at sea.

It'll eventually come back to bite you. ;)

Hmm winter is no good for attacking, low efectiveness.

Uk troops in Kiel run away to London and the rest of my fleet (1 sub +1 cruisier) run to Iceland ;) . 1 Uk BB sunk in the way. Carrier damaged to 5 ran away previous turn to cure the wounds.

i didnt manage to get italy to enter war in this turn (November/December 39) and im only waiting for good weather to take Paris.