Capital transfer question (yet again!)

The latest UK thread got me wondering. When playing, I often delay the final push on Moscow for a turn or two, in order for me to get forces closer to Stalingrad. That way, when the capitol moves, I'm right on top of the new one. Yes, a bit gamey. But it's also the logical step; after you take Moscow, you push south anyway.

Consider that Stalin would know the current strategic situation, and probably would not move the capitol to a city that was under seige or soon to be surrounded. Stalin was a lot of things (most of them not very nice), but I doubt he was stupid.

So, is it possible to have the capitol move be a player option? Some sort of popup on the next turn to allow you to select the city, in the same manner as reinforcements come in? It could also have the option (selected like the others at the game start screen) that cities could be excluded if there was already an adjacent enemy unit. So, for instance, you could be forced to pick a city further back from the front if the enemy had pushed a salient up next to a city.

I would really like to see the UK have the option of using Canada, but there would also have to be some provision made so that you couldn't move it there straight away, say before Manchester was taken.

Imagine the change in strategy it would require if the capitol was moved to Arkangel. Suddenly, the German player has to send units to defend the Swedes, Finns and Norway, or risk losing resources (convoys routes!). Maybe he's already started pushing south (as I tend to do), and now he is out of position to defend the north. That means lots of operating costs. If units are already understrength, it means a choice of reinforcing or operating with those scarse MPPs.

So, would anyone else like this to be a player move, or keep it scripted?

Nice idea. Never thought about that. Would be nice to have the option to move the Capital to your city of choice. Guess it depends on how "historical" you want to be in the game. I think it would be really good for UK, having the option to move it to either Canada or Eygpt.

Originally posted by arado234:

rleete you can already have the Brits. capital move to Canada if you choose.To me that is the only logical choice.

As far as your Russian suggestion goes,Its a great idea.

Only if you 'choose' beforehand

How do you find the Dutch 'conquering' all Euro majors and minors? In the game one of the more easier countries, and real life...well thats a different story:P