Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Well here in Corpus Christi, it was about 85 degrees F on Christmas day, 2005. I've seen it in the 90s, awhile back. In 2004, there was about 5 inches of snow on the ground, sounds consistent to me.

Sigh…go eat a load of shrimp down at Snoopy's for me, will ya?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Lars, but Snoopy's is on The Island and down here all the shrimp boats pull up at the T-Heads on Shoreline Drive.

Prices are better, shrimp are fresher and just across the causeway in Portland resides the best cook on the planet....Me!

But Snoopy's is good after a nice swell at Bob Hall pier and I'll pop a couple for ya on my return trip, chasing them with some ice cold Dos Equis.

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

OK Lars, but Snoopy's is on The Island and down here all the shrimp boats pull up at the T-Heads on Shoreline Drive.

Prices are better, shrimp are fresher and just across the causeway in Portland resides the best cook on the planet....Me!

But Snoopy's is good after a nice swell at Bob Hall pier and I'll pop a couple for ya on my return trip, chasing them with some ice cold Dos Equis.

Used to live down by Alameda and Airline. ;)

Anybody jump off the High Bridge lately?

Originally posted by Rolend:

I tend to agree with Lars on this one, the russians handled the winter very well and as far as I know they are human smile.gif How they did it was they understood the effects and knew how to stay warm and keep their equipment running.

Take a gander at the Guderian's Blitzkrieg II rules for Aerosans, Russian vehicles that Dean Essig described as "effectively sleds with aircraft engines and propellers designed to transport supplies across the snow. They were of very limited effectiveness due to the need for specialized aircraft fuel and parts that were not readily available to the infantry they served." Even after the purges there were, evidently, some people in the Soviet military with an excess of imagination.

Hey Lars, we must have been close. Moved to 4609 Jarvis, just off Airline, 2 blocks towards the Bay from Alameda, in 1969.

Been around here off and on since then.

Kuni.....Master Chemist....on your knees peasant,

bow to The Master(aka, " The Spoiler" to the females of your specie) ;)

No one has jumped in awhile,Lars.... but I might throw Kuni off. tongue.gif

Well I'll be damned.

We lived on Pennington in the same time frame. Second house from Alameda on the north side. The one with the pool.

Bet we were scrapping together as kids if you went to Windsor Elementary. :D

Now don't get all gay(gay=happy) on us Kuni....errr Puni. Is that a little mist in your eyes? Your soooo........fragile!

No Lars, I was 18 on arrival, but my youngest sister went there, Dora Taylor, maybe you remember, she would have been about 11. She and her good friend, Leslie Kucera, were in your neighborhood, both ...not bad to look at.