Retreat should cost experience!

furthermore some cost to retreating so it not a gamey feature! smile.gif

like MPPs deducted for the use of gasoline, rails, roads, bridges in a quick hurry. perhaps this even, if an army is on 1 side of a river and fighter attack is heavily success a chance of no retreat because briges are blown? then somewhat simulating reality?

I think that getting a free shot at the retreating enemy and them loosing any entrenchment they had and possibly dropping readiness to 0 for next turn will hurt plenty.

I'm sure HC has something like that in mind.

Hey guys, Hubert is continuing to tweak various supply and morale effects. So keep the ideas coming. Nothing is final until somebody announces "Gone Gold" and even then there's a chance for additional enhancements in future patches.

I absolutely disagree with this.

Experience =/= moral.

A military unit doesn't *lose* experience by fighting battles. I'll even argue that a military unit / commanders can gain experience in retreating. tongue.gif Successfully retreating without losing military cohesion, dealing with logistics etc., is a skill few master.

[ July 09, 2005, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: _onepercent ]

I'm with 1%.

You will probably take losses when retreating and the subsequent reinforcing will diminish the experience level. That, in itself, is sufficient, do not forget the length of time a turn of SC represents(ie recovery factor).

I do like Liam's idea of a subsequent unit combat strength loss for a forced retreat under inclement conditions, ie. across a river, enemy air superiority, bad weather, etc.

I'm with 1% and Sea Monkey. A blow to a unit's morale shouldn't affect its experience at all.

If the unit successfully retreats then it will have gained, not lost, experience.

If they suffer a lot during the retreat then they will have lost strength and their morale will have been reduced in consequence, but under no circumstances will they have lost experience.

The only time a unit will lose experience is when it replaces its losses.