The Reason for bidding

I was wodering the exact reson why the allies get bidding.

I understand they make more by taking sweden or spainbut was wondering if there was a way to get around bids. I find with bids theres to much on front and becomes a slugging match which makes it boring.

What about not attacking certain countries or something. I think the USA should get 500mmp sc1 amount because they got alot of dough from Uk. Any info would be appreciated because i just hate bids.

Well I think the problem is simly that conquered countries are to worth way to much . Norway , Sweden etc rival Germany in its economic importance. Which kind of stupid because conquered countries usally don´t contribute to much to the war effort of the conquerer.

simply think that conquered cities etc should be much less worth. Evn if Kiev is worth 20MP per round for Rusia it shoulb be worth only 5 MP for Germany . Certain strategic resources as oil could be more worth..

Originally posted by Mr.Dozer:

what about lowering the plunder and making nations more capable. Like spain having 4 armies 2 tanks, a plane and a HQ. with a plunder of 100mmp, it may not look so intiresting a target.

Lowering plunder perhaps. Giving them more troops. Well I like that SC tries to be conform with the realistic troop levels the countries had at their disposition. Even if Spain had a much biggger army , as an Axis player it wouldn´t matter to me because I need Spain to juice up Afrika and later on Iraq for my income. The economic modell of SC simply forces me to play this way.

[ February 02, 2006, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Sombra ]

Just have the USA and USSR join % at 70-75%.

This way Germany can only conquer 3 countries or have USA and USSR join REAL early.

It has worked out great in the games I've played.

No other rules, just that. Simple and it works.

As for SC2, you can't go on a rampage, too many diplomatic repurcussions.

Originally posted by Blashy:

Just have the USA and USSR join % at 70-75%.

This way Germany can only conquer 3 countries or have USA and USSR join REAL early.

It has worked out great in the games I've played.

No other rules, just that. Simple and it works.

I agree. And make armies from bigger neutral countries (Spain, Sweden, Turkey etc) stronger. After that player will think twice before attack.