Release Date, Superflous Question

Good thing that SC2 comes there isn't any real competition. World at War really sucks==NO IP for a 2005 released GAME?.. I haven't heard any new on World in Flames has anyone else? I think this genre is pretty flat

Sad thing, strategic wargaming use to have a fairly nice following. I think the failure in sales, the Xboxes, Playstations and in general the younger crowd have ruined Wargaming.

Good thing that SC2 comes there isn't any real competition. World at War really sucks==NO IP for a 2005 released GAME?.. I haven't heard any new on World in Flames has anyone else? I think this genre is pretty flat

Sad thing, strategic wargaming use to have a fairly nice following. I think the failure in sales, the Xboxes, Playstations and in general the younger crowd have ruined Wargaming.

Hmm, this reminds me of 1 thing .

It irritated every gamez magazine .

every body was complaining about it .

everybody dint see any future in the project.

People lost hope .

People called it ,,,,THE COUNTER STRIKE CONDITION ZERO Virus.

At the end People fergot about it .

The game was in a terrible mess . It got scores below 70 out of 100 .

No body whanted to buy it . The name was destroyed .

But they made it up by making HL2 , even with the same virus ,, things about devolopers ,, source engine leaking ,, hacking ..... But still they made some cool **** ..

Now hubert please do us 1 thing ,

Dont get the virus . release the game and let us play.

And then make some patches so it would be perfect .

Amen .

Hmm, this reminds me of 1 thing .

It irritated every gamez magazine .

every body was complaining about it .

everybody dint see any future in the project.

People lost hope .

People called it ,,,,THE COUNTER STRIKE CONDITION ZERO Virus.

At the end People fergot about it .

The game was in a terrible mess . It got scores below 70 out of 100 .

No body whanted to buy it . The name was destroyed .

But they made it up by making HL2 , even with the same virus ,, things about devolopers ,, source engine leaking ,, hacking ..... But still they made some cool **** ..

Now hubert please do us 1 thing ,

Dont get the virus . release the game and let us play.

And then make some patches so it would be perfect .

Amen .

"Good thing that SC2 comes there isn't any real competition. World at War really sucks==NO IP for a 2005 released GAME?.. I haven't heard any new on World in Flames has anyone else? I think this genre is pretty flat"

Computer 'World in Flames' or MWiF is about to start Beta testing. The developer estimates a release by late Summer of 06. My prediction is that MWiF (Matrix World in Flames) will put all other strategic WWII games to shame with the exception of HoI2. Check out the Matrix games forum for daily reports on the progress of MWiF

"Good thing that SC2 comes there isn't any real competition. World at War really sucks==NO IP for a 2005 released GAME?.. I haven't heard any new on World in Flames has anyone else? I think this genre is pretty flat"

Computer 'World in Flames' or MWiF is about to start Beta testing. The developer estimates a release by late Summer of 06. My prediction is that MWiF (Matrix World in Flames) will put all other strategic WWII games to shame with the exception of HoI2. Check out the Matrix games forum for daily reports on the progress of MWiF

Let me add that I'm also looking forward to MWiF, which should be a better simulation wargame of WWII than SC2. SC2 is still very abstract by comparison and simplifies many things, and yet it will probably prove to be more playable and more fun to a wider audience. Grognards will still be looking for something more, and MWiF should fill the niche for turn-based grand strategy WWII that HOI2 just doesn't quite do for everyone.

Remember too that Decision Games has Computer War in Europe being updated for release this summer. And Matrix is working with Bruce Harper to bring A World At War to the computer sometime in the future. Regardless, you'll be playing SC2 long before any of these other games get released. Soon. ;)

Let me add that I'm also looking forward to MWiF, which should be a better simulation wargame of WWII than SC2. SC2 is still very abstract by comparison and simplifies many things, and yet it will probably prove to be more playable and more fun to a wider audience. Grognards will still be looking for something more, and MWiF should fill the niche for turn-based grand strategy WWII that HOI2 just doesn't quite do for everyone.

Remember too that Decision Games has Computer War in Europe being updated for release this summer. And Matrix is working with Bruce Harper to bring A World At War to the computer sometime in the future. Regardless, you'll be playing SC2 long before any of these other games get released. Soon. ;)

Pzgndr,

Perhaps you did'nt see my question at Wargamer forum, but it would appear that you are well placed to give an unbiased appraisal of the pros and cons of some of the games just out or about to come out.

I'm starting to get my head around AGW, at the moment, and I must say it feels like the board games of old. Perhaps I'm a bit nostalgic, in that I am prepared to accept some initial eccentricities for what should turn out to be a pretty good game. Non-Disclosure agreements aside, is there anything you can comment on from what you have seen. And that given that all regular contributors to this forum will be buying SC2 anyway, what would you be suggesting while we wait...

Pzgndr,

Perhaps you did'nt see my question at Wargamer forum, but it would appear that you are well placed to give an unbiased appraisal of the pros and cons of some of the games just out or about to come out.

I'm starting to get my head around AGW, at the moment, and I must say it feels like the board games of old. Perhaps I'm a bit nostalgic, in that I am prepared to accept some initial eccentricities for what should turn out to be a pretty good game. Non-Disclosure agreements aside, is there anything you can comment on from what you have seen. And that given that all regular contributors to this forum will be buying SC2 anyway, what would you be suggesting while we wait...

Hmmm, well placed, or just been around too friggin long since boardgaming in the 70s?? LOL.

One of these days I may start a post to compare and contrast things as I see it. I do try to return to my old boardgaming roots occassionally. I've gone up to WBC the last couple of years to see what's happening, and finally met Don Greenwood himself last year. I think there are a lot of good games coming out, and they compliment each other in different ways rather than compete. It's not like we're not allowed to buy them all, is it?? ;)

Hmmm, well placed, or just been around too friggin long since boardgaming in the 70s?? LOL.

One of these days I may start a post to compare and contrast things as I see it. I do try to return to my old boardgaming roots occassionally. I've gone up to WBC the last couple of years to see what's happening, and finally met Don Greenwood himself last year. I think there are a lot of good games coming out, and they compliment each other in different ways rather than compete. It's not like we're not allowed to buy them all, is it?? ;)