!!! INGAME MUSIC PLEASE !!!

I was just innocently playing SC2 when it suddenly struck me that there is absolutely zilch ingame music.

Well, what I do not ask for is that Battlefront should actually license music for SC2 (like Paradox always does for their games).

But I still want to hear "A bridge too far" or "Panzerlied" or "Lily Marlene" or "Les Preludes" and all that other nice ww2-related music I have as mp3 files on my computer while playing!

So I start this thread as a petition to add a music on/off option to the game and a folder where it plays (in random or preselected order) mp3s from we put there.

My background music is usually, "Daddy....Erynn poked me in the nose!!" or "Dave....when are you going to get off of that game and help me with the laundry!" or something of that sort.

Anything Hubert can add would be great.

JP Wagner: Well, as said I do not want to have any ingame music provided by Battlefront - that would be indeed boring soon. I want to define the tracks myself (mp3-folder). And I do not want to turn on the CD player because I want the sound to come out of the same speaker as the rest of the game so I can use my headphones to hear both music and game sounds (and don´t bother my wife and kid, too!)

Timskorn: You mean I can already use some media-player in the background while playing SC2? It won´t interfere?

I was also refering to an ingame mp3 ability as well when I mention a repitious bore, and here is why...unless the program has some random function, you will always hear the same piece in tha same order. In HOI for example, you can add tracks to their Mp3 folder but every time you start up the game, you hear the same thing, unless you go through the task of deleting/downloading new music all the time.

But as mentioned by another, you can run for example, Windows media player in the background providing you have enough processor speed and RAM ( which most machines now do) to handle multitasking the game and the player, otherwise you might experience a lag while playing...

Of course I hear songs like "Die Fahne hoch" and speeches of Adolf Hitler...

Just joking. ;) Music would be nice, but please only then, if music and the game sounds are seperated. I dont want to decide to have no sound at all or ALL sounds...

Playing now with winamp in the background - works splendidly! Did you ever start Barbarossa on Franz List´s "Preludes"? Pretty cool I say, but it was (of course) accidentally that it was on the playlist right that turn ...

So I wish there was a way to trigger certain music on certain occasions. For example I have a Christmas tune from 1942. It would be great if this could be triggered to play during December turns.