AAR Colin Vs DAK_21_PzDivision (Rambo Tournament)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

AAR: Germans get good spring weather, take down Benelux and Denmark (with paratroopers) then head into France. British troops are spotted manning the Maginot line so the Germans take it cautiously, expecting serious resistance. Despite the careful advance, the Anglo-French counter takes down a German army from full strength. After that the German take out the British troops and storm Paris.

Allied fighters redeployed to South coast of UK, take some battering from German air so retreat. Allies seem to be making a move in Middle East (bombing Tobruk).

Italian air creeps forwards and cannot see any UK forces in Southern England (two British ground units were just lost in France, this might explain it). The Italians reports this to the German paratroops waiting in France. Paras drop North of London and walk into the city!! Transports reinforce this move with ground troops. The British navy is hardly to be seen.

Its August/September 1940. SeaLion is GO :D

Naval skirmish around UK - one Axis sub has been sunk though Axis nailed a UK Battleship. UK reinforces Egypt with Western Desert Air and (probably) UK Airforce, and one suspects a rebuilt BEF soon. USSR and USA are both above 50%. British armour closes in on a depleted Tobruk.

So far not unlike the game with K-man though SeaLion was earlier (pre-Spain). This time I'd better not blow my Navy :eek:

British destroy and Italian army but their advance is limited by German intervention. British fortify Egypt, Russians getting restless.

[so, unlike last game Germans have chosen to counter UK in North Africa. I'm not sure its worth it - last game against K-man I had UK and let him take North Africa but took Spain and lots of minors. K-man used NA as a springboard to apply pressure on Spain. This time I'm contesting but Russians are getting restless.]

This is the film until turn 45.

Yes british are really short of MPP, but if you combat them... will you be able to combat hard agains Russia? Remember that Hitler didn't want two fronts... :rolleyes:

On the other hand, USA can use all its MPP... but, of course, you are leading the game and i have to to something to prevent my defeat!

colingame4pg4.gif

Axis press in North Africa - Italians attack but fail to take Vichy Algeria with air support - it will fall next turn as the defending corps was eliminated. Germans press towards Tobruk destroying a British Army en route with heavy support from the air. italian sub bumps into British battleship around Tobruk.

Canadians sneak into Vichy Algeria in a nice move plus some UK attacks on Italian ships results in a very good turn for the British.

Germans regroup. Barabarossa is imminent but the US is still a while to go. To some extent I think this is the right way round, my ability to pressure the British will decline a lot when the US swings in.

Italian navy retreats. Axis presses in North Africa both towards Vichy Algeria and Tobruk (the latter sees a UK corps go down). But the British are very strongly dug into Tobruk and Egypt.

USSR are about to enter the war but the USA is lagging by quite a way. Germans haven't attacked too many minors as part of their policy on keeping the UK government in exile without too much immediate support.

Its mid 1941, technology advances not too large on either side.

Germans move into Russia taking Minsk. No good indicators how it will go yet.

In the Middle East, Germans regroup around Tobruk and keep the gentle pressure up in Vichy Algeria.

Other stuff more interesting. Germans subs attack Canadian convoys to further starve the UK of MPP. In recent turns invasion of UK and diplomacy has caused Spain and Turkey to drift towards the Axis cause.