AAR Colin Vs DAK_21_PzDivision (Rambo Tournament)

Germans pick up momentum in Russia with L2 tanks and heavy air. Russians fortify Leningrad but Finns attack the Russian navy from the rear. Meanwhile Spain veers to Axis and isn't diplomatically blocked by Russia/UK (a surprise), so declares for Germany. Bad news for the UK on the Rock.

Germans set a naval trap to trigger if UK pursues their submarines which are retreating from the Canadian-Egypt convoy line. UK doesn't bite - probably the move was rumbled by the UK bomber at Gibralter.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, now the pictures will change after 6/5 seconds, i hope it works well.

Situation is difficult but Allied Commander still trusth in the End Victory! :) German forces have conquered 4 red cities at the center and north of Russia, but we are in late September. We hope German have to hold for a while before the next spring.

I didn't expect to loose Argel, it was a bad thing... hmmm... I didn't put chits on Spain because i thought they will join axis anyway, so i decided to save that money! tongue.gif

These are the visual report for turns from 55 to 62, enjoy it! smile.gif

colingame5kh5.gif

I had maximum German and Italian chits into Spain for some time. The boost Axis get for holding UK put Spain on 89% but this was after Barbarossa so in theory I think Allies could have blocked me. That would have been frustrating, I normally attack Spain but didn't have the troops in France.

Maybe its good UK did't find those subs - as I mentioned German navy was lurking nearby.

Mixed turn for Axis. The good is Gibralter was defended by only a UK air fleet and fell rapidly to sea bombardment and land assault. The bad is we hit October mud in Russia, limiting the advance. Additionally, Siberians have arrived and Soviets are showing good quality armour (but so are the Germans).

I see... i don't know why, but i thought that i couldn't do anything to prevent that Spain joins Axis because you conquered Britain... :(

It seems that you take Moscow in the next one or two turns... It seems that you will make a frontal assault with your tanks, at present i can't do anything but there will be fight in the area for a long time, i think...

USA are in the game now, i have to decide what can i do with them... i have some options. Meanwhile the british advance thought the hot dessert.

Pics from turn 64 to 72:

colingame6eb1.gif

More violence in Russia. Russians show L3 armour, L2 Infantry. Position hasn't changed for a few turns, Germans at the gates of Moscow. Russians kill a German Army each turn whilst Germans tend to nail 3 to 4 units a turn (albeit often corps). Weather hasn't been great, I expect more to happen when the mud clears.

Axis move to counter Allied advance on Tripoli. Turkey drifts back to the Allies.

Huge battles around Moscow. As Colin said, during these battles, Germans could kills 2-3 corps and sometimes an army or a tank. Reds usually killed an army and severe hurts other units.

Finally, the Red Commander decided to leave Moscow and engage Germans deep into Russia (turn 78).

The British continued its advance thought Lybia and took Tripoly (turn 78). A large number of italy-german ships sink a Battleship in front of Tripoly (turn 77).

The situation is getting worst as it was expected. I was lucky, because "mud" (until turn 79) has prevent large movements of the German Army in Russia.

I haven't enough time to prepare a film of the battles, so i show this image, as a resume of turns 73 to 78 :(

colingame7bt0.gif

from their central location around Smolensk, Germans send battle groups North, East and South to strike at Russian cities and mop up lagging Soviet troops. Luftwaffe pilots continue to operate supported by Spanish, Italian and Balkan planes. Eire falls to Axis amphibious assault. UK rampage across North Africa is halted by the Italians.

BUT the big question is what is the US up to?

Jesus moves to the attack.

Tank action in Russia as Germans continue to push towards Stalingrad. Russians must be praying for Winter, though. Russians reveal bombers and they aren't the only ones. Massive US bomber action in North Africa sink much of the Axis fleet.

In the UK the Axis contain the US assault and kill a US corps.

But in Russia Gorky falls too.

UK is disputed between rather low tech American troops (guess they spent all their cash on Flying Fortresses) and German corps supported by minor allies.

Germans very much hoping for a couple more clear turns to press their advantage It is end September 42).

Yes, Stalin is praying to Saint Marx to take soon the winter over Russia... Anyway, soviets armies continues the fight.

:rolleyes: of course, i didn't have enough money for having good tech in terrain units and air units... i had to choose! ;)

Game is getting hotter... more fighting everywhere is expected.

Turns from 84 - 90 (two pics):

colingame9qc6.gif

"Sadly", i will start today my 2nd round of vacation. This game must stop then... i will be back on August 21th.

See youu!!! :D More fighting soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Allies continue to progress in North africa with their powerful bombing capability. In Russia, the Soviets in fortress Stalingrad get a hint of what they are up against as the Axis troops edge forwards and kill a tank unit from the air.

I believe this is called Operation Can Opener :D

Allies take Sardinia and keep bombing the Med. Russians counterattack around Stalingrad/Rostov.

But in Russia, German offensive gathers pace. Two Soviet tanks die from air raids. A combination of armour, infantry and paratroopers destro infantry and an HQ around Rostov.

Soviets desperately need the W. Allies to put troops on the ground, its only June '43 and the Russians are already under pressure.

Yes the soviets are under heavy pressure... but they like to boast and even threat to win the war on they own! :D

The large German ofensive is very good, and we expect to take a lot of losses but we trust that soviets can stop Germans somewhere around Stalingrad...

A pics from 98 to 101 turn:

colingame7xy5.gif

And from 102 to 107 turn

colingame8hb7.gif

Russian offensive towards Gorky and more counters around Staligrad. But Russians are still within range of German air which descends on Stalingrad. :eek: Stalingrad falls as well as more armour destroyed. Russians must be close to breaking around there.

Yes, the germans hit hard around Stalingrad with their big air support and heavy armies...

I was wrong and i can't resist around Stalingrad for long time, but the game won't stop here, Russia is still powerful and red army is already fighting around Moscow!

Pictures from 4 last turns (the icon for Stalingrad fall is missing, sorry!):

colingame9pk5.gif

Things are escalating. British continue towards Cascablanca. Americans invade Spain (though without capturing a city, though Gibraltar and Lisbon will fall next turn I think. The British raid on Italy will end next turn too, I think. Americans also take Norway.

BUT, and its a big but, Russia is in quite big trouble. German armour is mopping up around Stalingrad and pushing deep into the Caucausus. The Russians are going to have significantly less MPP to rebuild for 1944. The Russian push towards Moscow is probably not too serious a threat through the Russian partisans are troublesome.

Scandanavia: US moves on from Norway to DOW Sweden. Axis helpless to intervene.

Iberia: Devastating German counterattack. After a massive reingorcement of the Spanish with ground and air the Germans attack. US loses a Corps, and HQ and worse Lisbon. German air starts looking for other targets and takes out a US bomber in North Africa out of sheer boredom :D . US still holds Gibraltar and has a few land units but hard to see how they will hold. I think my opponent was too ambitious, splitting the US ground forces between Scandanavia and Iberia. The thing is, given his investment in bombers they can't be THAT tough and it clued me up that he was not likely to reinforce.

North Africa: British complete the conquest.

Russia: Partisan problem almost eliminated and Caucausus secured. I suspect I'm about to lose an armoured unit which ran into trouble. I should remember my opponent tends to play aggressively - he is already massing armour again in Russia.

Italy: British raid eliminated but I think this was worth his effort.

Yes, yes, Luftwaffe is still too powerfull to be able to fight it... So US ran out! :(

Here two pictures, one from 113-116 (the US landing at Spain)

colingame10yl3.gif

And the other from my retreat of Spain, the conquer of Sweden and some CA at Russia... (now that the luftwaffe is in Spain ;) ). Turns 117-122 (there's a mistake in the number of turns in the picture).

colingame11gr8.gif

The games is really hard for allies but we trust in the End Victory, go, go, go!!! smile.gif

The planes in Spain stay mainly on the plain. tongue.gif

Its end '43 and Luftwaffe stays in Spain, liking the clear skies and pounding North Africa.

Meanwhile Russian bear stirs - signs of a counterattack building - he will retake Moscow but I don't think its going much beyond that.

Apart from pounding the last Soviet unit in the Caucausas and a minor naval action, all is quiet until '44.

Allies are building their MPP base with Scandanavia but German army and esp. Luftwaffe are formidable.