major country combat unit morale

I find it hard to believe that if a major country is being clobbered that the overall morale of its fighting forces wouldnt start to decline.Case in point:germany lands on england occupies the whole island & yet the british forces still in africa fight on at full morale.I would bet that if this really happended they would fold like a house of cards.Patch 1.05 should have something to indicate this.I also think that maltas ability to interdict axis supply should be severly limited based on the fact that if england was under major attack all resources(fuel ammo etc)would be almost non existent for anything but to defend england.

Yes, that's a good idea.

PErhaps not once the first units lands in the UK or Russia, but when the capital moves or something.

I can not imagin that English troops would not get a mayor hit when they see pictures of German troops in the royal palaces in London !

There are some examples in history when a country keeps on fighting after the capital is taken (Belgium in WWI for instance) but it's an exception.

From personal experience, there would be no morale decrease for losing London! Definitely there would be broken hearts throughout the Empire, and some foreign uprising, but for the average British Soldier imagining Fritz raping his wife in bed would only encourage him further, morale would go up 20-30% in a last do or die effort to defeat the Evil Bosch. Remeber the feeling toward Germans as in WW1 many stories true and false were brought in by Belgian Civilians evacuated from Europe. The Origin of the German soldiers ill reputation.

As American's would only fight with more determination with the burning of their White House in the War of 1812... The British had hundreds of not thousands of pillboxes througout the regions North of London in the country to resist the German's to the bitter end..This I know from personal knowledge of British Mindset ;) I am Half British!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillboxes

1.5 million in the British HomeForce! Motolov Cocktails, Bayonets, hunting Rifles many other cheap assembled weapons, somewhat effective in city and guerrila fighting... The British would have been more like the Russians than some may believe!

Re: WWI Read a great book on myths of WWI - the stories the soldiers told. Many of these taleas exaggerated German atrocities. Some were probably Allied proaganda. One of the best was that there was a body factory (near Lille in some versions) where Germans rendered down their own dead for margerine and soap!