OT: History question, who was Kittles? Tried at Nuremberg.

Okay history experts. I need some help about a dude named Kittles (spelling?). He was jailed for warcrimes, he was a writer of some sorts. He wrote the popular Greek Dictionary & Lexicon, was involved in some mistic Blahbotski group, helped replaced Luther's German bible of 400 years, etc. Anybody know this dude? How do I spell is name? I heard him talked about and was interested.

Seeking,

Legend

Gerhard Kittel

Topic: Hitler's Theologians: Gerhard Kittel...

Gerhard Kittel was considered one of the world's foremost theologians both before and after the war. Even today, his Theological Dictionary of the New Testament is still widely used and respected. He willingly joined the Nazi Party, feeling it his Christian duty. Even though his activities during the war were limited to teaching and serving on educational committees, he was arrested and imprisoned by the French for seventeen months after the war. He wrote a defense for himself and concluded that race-mixing was wrong, citing the examples of Ezra and Nehemiah.

Link - almost at the bottom

[ March 23, 2006, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

@Wicken --- Dude, thanks for the info! You be amazed how I came about this Nazi cat. I was in a Bible study, and as usual, everybody attacks my KJV. They (the lost) bark about the NIV, which eventually goes to the Greek. I told this chump to go "get the greek" for the most popular, best seminary. He brought back something with that Kittels & Bits name on it, I about freaked...I remember seeing this Bunta in a Numerberg thing. Now I can research...by the way, it's KJV all the way.

Unbelievable some Gerherd Kittels dude has his stuff dominate mainstream everything in the USA.

Let me read the background on this Bunta.

Once again, thanks Wicken, I'll be sending you a "I got racked by Camp Rambo" T-Shirts.

Ahhhh! Do not forget an Italian helped greatly creating the A-Bomb, a German designed the American Lunar Module to go to the Moon<in particular an Ex-Nazi Scientist responsible for the V-Rockets> The most brilliant Scientist of the 20th Century was German

::shrugs:: Germans and Italians some of the most brilliant Scientists and men of the last 100 Years. Luckily more were Serving the Allies then the Axis or we'd of been toast?

Brits and Americans lacked some vs their Mainland Cousins. However tactically the English and Americans were Brilliant. Some really really good High Commanders in the Western Forces probably the deciding factors of WW2. The Germans had good land Generals, but the Italians and Japanese had few if any. The Germans didn't have so many good High Commanders and they had a Dictator who as a Corporal thought he knew how to run a Front

I think my Dad who served the US Army would have been a better Commander than Hitler, more prudent and more educated. And he wasn't that far along. Many of us could likely outdo Ole Adolf Or Joe stalin for that matter his #s won not his personal brillianc

@Liam --- This guy is different. We're not talking miltary or intelligence by country. Germany has tons of military, scientists, musicians, etc....and a great history outside the Holocaust.

The Greek dictionary & Lexicon by this Gerherd guy is the number used thing in Seminaries across USA! A Nazi, who helped plan the Holocaust, is a "hero" by those who study Greek Bible. The NIV writings used his stuff!

Would you really want to help learn or translate stuff when this guy planned the killing of the Jews? It's really amazing. He does NOT have a monopoly on a language. Think about the application.

[ March 24, 2006, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

The significance of Kittels written books has MORE of an effect on this country than you can even imagine.

You mean in red neck land only. I doubt the blue east and west coast have much care for bible study.

Ahhh, Who is to judge Evil and Good? One must be in tune with both aspects in order to do such a thing. Nazism is only the face of terror in one country, one time, and really a few isolated individuals. There is at this time new threats. New Ideologies. New Men that are every bit as dangerous, yet unseen. Legacy of Man

Gerhard Kittel wrote

Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, retail price of $700. ISBN: 0802823246. This book set is used at the majority of USA Seminaries.

Unbelievable!

Now, I've asked several people that studied this stuff (so called 'biggies') & they have no idea who this guy is. Sad, when people know more about the author of Harry Potter than the thousands of dollars they spent for their Seminary schooling.

jjr,

I know about "potter's field."

That help ya enny?

C'mon,

Throw over all this apparent obeisance

To the ever increasing American

Theocratic Aristocracy,

And write us some true cool stories,

Like,

How you threw them papers clean through!

The brambles & vines so to land!

Precisely right on

Ol' Potato King's... door mat.

Or,

How you stuck yer avid eagre fist

Into the teeming candy jar

Over to the General Store.

Or,

How you whipped ol' Clint Eastwood

Out at ocean misted Pebble Beach, eh? ;)

Stuff like that there.

My best guess is this:

Were you to allow

That we gotta have EQUAL balance

Between

Science and Religion,

With no remote merging

Of ANY Church with ANY State,

Well,

You could very likely write some damn fine!

NON-rambo-akimbo kind of memoirs.

Like I said,

ONLY my simple Simon opinion. smile.gif