2 questions for the staff

Please, 2 questionfor Hubert or Moon ( or for anybodody in the " staff "who know exactly that) :

1- Commercial question : does the german version of SC2 work with online activation key for protection against illegal copy ? Or does it work as you say for the future french version, with traditionnal system : CD needed for play ? If second case is the right, I will buy immediatly the german version and will translate it with the localization file. Yeah..!

I was right to be afraid with the addiction : I have the demo for some days only, and I can not do without it any more, like a drug !

2-Modding question : is it possible to edit the effect of each kind of terrain ground on supply (forest, swamp, mountains,etc...) ? Or does this effect automatically depend of the effect of mouvement ? This aspect of the question is important for my project of modding (creation of Roads and railroads).

Thanks.

But : is effect of terrain about supply depending of effect movement ?

i.e : trought plain, supply is better than trough moutains.

My problem is : I wanted to use Quatar depression or marsh icons to make railroads , but if quatar depression or marsh have bad effect on supply, I will not be able to do that... :(

... am certainly in false, but I do not understand how. Can you explain me ?

Sure can, prolific Phantom.

You'll be in false

Only a little longer.

Your southern-most unit

In the example provided

Is on a mountain tile, ummmm,

On an octagon, I mean.

Terrain "cost of movement"

Effects supply as well. ;)

Ah !!! smile.gif So : if I can edit the effect of terrain on movement, and if the effect terrain movement has an effect on supply ( as I asked me), I am able to edit indirectly effect of terrain on supply.

So, if I reduce cost of movement for i.e marsh or forest, I may transform them in railroads or roads... My project : increase cost of movment for plain, increase movment capacity of units and in the same time, decrease cost of movmment for marsh, and then, transform them in railroads. Icons are ready.

Right ? tongue.gif

Inspectre C:

So, if I reduce cost of movement for i.e marsh or forest, I may transform them in railroads or roads... My project : increase cost of movment for plain, increase movment capacity of units and in the same time, decrease cost of movmment for marsh, and then, transform them in railroads. Icons are ready.

I have done a similar thing

With 1941-42 North Afrika scenario.

Though,

Not QUITE the same, and no icons.

Yet,

Movement is much quicker

Along the replicated "coastal road,"

And so, I've accomplished my objective.

Perhaps it's time I sent you an EM? :eek:

Or,

I could wait and see IF

Hubert eventually decides

To implement

Roads & rail-roads,

As he HAS mentioned just such a possibility

In the distant past.

Really don't know, however,

How SOON that MIGHT be,

IF ever.

Hmmm. Have to think on it some. :confused:

Sorry my mistake Fantomas. Yes once you edit the effect of the terrain movement cost value this will also affect the final supply calculations as you have discovered... so this makes each terrain fully editable in terms of movement and supply.

FYI, I had previously included supply penalties on units when adjacent two enemy units, similar to the extra cost to movement and this was the value that I had de-linked from supply calculations (as I had remembered changing something that had to do with supply) and mixed them up for your question.

Desert Rat : send me please the game with the EM ! :D

Hubert: Excellent. I will do "little cool things" with this system.

Like "Ho chi minh road" in a "vietnam 65-75" scenario or "Indochina 1954" scenario, next year, when i will control perfect all functions of the game. I have prepared work with jungle icons (Asiatic villages, roads, jungle, etc...).

Mmmmmmm ! It will be so good ! tongue.gif

PS : have you seen my middle east towns and capitals in the mod, with little oasis (Le Caire, Ankara,...) ? Cool for you hollidays, no ? :D

You were finally right : isometric map is more better for the game, and I have adapted my counters (they are not in vertical position like yours, but in horizontal position, like a boardgame). I think it's the definitive version of the mod. ;)

Desert Rat : send me please the game with the EM ! :D
LOL, touche,

It is now le sourciere

You are endiable in-setting, eh?

No can do, je regrette. :(

Though,

I am NOT worthy of such an honourable

Title as: "Desert Rat."

That's reserved for all those

Who withstood them booming Doom Guns,

And, at last, won the desert wars. :cool:

a coherent game need these numbers Rambo. Its the distance from the supply source toward the unit which count, not the reverse. So in the example given by Fantomas, one army is 3 MP from the city, the other is only 2 MP... This lead to 10-3 = 7 supplies for one, and 10-2 = 8 for the other.

Not a math class, just simple arithmetic.