Industrial Tech for Russia

Do you guys ever get industrial tech for russia? Is it worth it? Under what circumstance would you do it?

I'm playing a friend of mine (we are both supreme newbs), and he did a very expensive Sea Lion. So Russia readiness is high, and they are in no danger of being attacked anytime soon since he hasn't had a chance to build up his army on the eastern front. So is this a good place for me to invest in Russia Industrial tech? Seems like the mpp base would be pretty high, so I should get a good from it. Any thoughts?

I used to invest in it every time and Production tech. Then after a few hits would switch back to IW and AT etc. When I got early hits it worked well and Soviets would overwhelm Axis by late 42 early 43 usually. But more often than not, I would be behind in land techs and watch Soviet units die before Superior Axis onslaught.

I always like to keep at least 1 chit active in IT and PT for USA, USSR, and Germany throughout the game, but each situation is different.

In your current effort, with little intelligence on my part, there may be an opportunity to snipe at Romania and/or Finland, you'll need combat enhancements to follow that path as soon as your active.

You'll need them anyway, but a diversion from UK conquest is high priority. USA should be ramping too.

Remember the Siberians will come in with whatever combat enhancements you have received to that point.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is industrial tech less important for certain majors? They all have the same effect do they not? I can understand why Britain and US need it more because they can't really conquer territories like Germany, but what about Italy?

It would be great if someone in the know could list the pros and cons of industrial tech for all the nations (excluding France of course).

Industry tech increases the mpps collected from ressources in the original home territory.

So a level IT for Russia increases their income by around 30 mpps/turn (depending on how many ressources got conquered by Germany), for USA it is exactly 36 mpps/turn. Germany 16.5 mpp/turn.

Italy only gets max 8 mpps/turn and England only 4 mpps/turn...that´s why researching it for England or Italy makes no sense and Germany gets much more mpps from conquered ressources and since it can have max 750mpps in research there are much more important things (combat techs) to research for them.

[ September 09, 2007, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

IT Tech is a big gamble with the USSR and their limited Tech Research, in earlier patches there wasn't the cap there is now on Russian research so if you sacrifice IW or AT for IT/Prod it could cost you. The USA is a little safer as you know that they're unlikely to join the war till later... My Typical USA has IT3-4

She is a loner nation and needs every dime unless you are going to go for an early aggressive West Strategy