Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Morale and Readiness

I think that there should be some sort of cap on morale and readiness. Currently, in my e-mail game, Italian units in North Africa in 1942 are at 125% readiness and 100% morale because Germany is trouncing Russia. There was NO Italian unit in North Africa close to this level of morale or readiness at any time during the war. That was the nature of that country's fighting forces at that time.

First of all, shouldn't max in both categories be 100%? Some are at 125%. Is that a bug?

Secondly, there should be a modifier that can be adjusted in the editor.

Certain nations such as some minors (Romania, Bulgaria, Vichy France), Italy and maybe France should have a morale capped at 60-70%. Readiness should also have a cap.

There should then be modifiers if the unit is in its home territory. For example, RAF units based in the UK or USSR units in Mother Russia should get +25% morale or maybe have a minium morale cap.

I'm up against an wicked Italian force in Africa because Panzers are at the Urals in 1942. Oh I forgot, Italy DID conquer Yugoslavia. That should make them INVINCIBLE!

If there are already caps of some type, I haven't seen them. Did I miss something or are my ideas well-founded?

First you are playing against the AI from your comments.

2nd. You are changing history = therefore your argument there wasn´t any unit at this level is not really valid. If you would lose in the game your moral ans readineess would be at historic levels. AKA Supply is bad because iof the english you are losing units because the enemy destroys them.

On the other hand right now the onyl messagae your troops receive another country fallen and another and another . NO wonder they feel invincible

Originally posted by Sombra:

Dont you think that propaganda and sucess give you a moral booyt. If you hear that your forces are winning all over the places?

Sure maybe a little but when you are face down eating dirt at the bottem of your foxhole with bullets flying over your head I am not sure how much more willing you are going to be to jump out of that fox hole and charge the enemy just because the latest news you heard was that Moscow some 2000 miles away was taken by one of your allies. How about the guy shooting the bullets at you, he sees you jumping out of your hole, is he just going to throw down his gun and run away just because he had just heard the same news?

Moral can be effected by 'world events' but I think local events are much more important, have you been feed today, have you recieved any mail from home latly and how will you ever get your best buddies splattered brains out of your head are a LOT more moral changing then anything that is going on in a place you don't care about in the first place thousands of miles away.