I dont know if there is to much wrong with the way airpower is set right now.Since each turn represents a week of fighting, i think if a unit was under constant bombardment from multiple air attacks they would get the crap kicked out of them.One of my dads very good friends had the honour of landing on normandy.He also fought at the falaise gap.He saw first hand what air supremecy means.He told me how he watched an attack on a german tank force by some typhoons.He saw 12 german tanks destroyed in a matter of about 15 min.Also the germans as rommel said would have no chance of victory if the allies were not defeated on the beaches because of air power.He was right.I know smart bomb tech. didnt exist back then but the number of planes used in an attack was much higher back then.Air attacks also had a big effect on morale.I say leave it.We all have the same atvantages.

Air is decisive on good terrain, but not all terrain. i.e. The East was too massive a Front to have air as the decisive factor. The bombings the Allies did in the Italian campaign at times created more hiding places for the Germans, I would say in Normandy you have a lot of units piled up on a few roads.

Also tanks are better targets they're bigger than infantry that scramble amongst the woods. Air is excellent for recon, i.e. Kursk, Russians flooded the skies to prevent the Luftwaffe seeing their rear Reserves, and it may have changed the outcome of that battle and the length of the war.

Strategic bombing was not proven to be a winner in WW2, and no real objective ideas were ever obtained from it's use. It is quite abstract. Bombers would be better at recon, hammering out ports, harassing supplies, hurting Naval units. Precision Bombers anyways. Area Bombing is a hit and miss thing in Europe where it's bad weather most of the time.

@Minty --- The Germans slaughtered millions of people: women, children, jews, sleeping farmers, you name it. They tortured, raped, did medical experiments, shot POWs. The German method of brainwashing caused others to join their evil plan. Therefore, they got bombed. Don't mess with Uncle Sam. Here's some more advice, don't mess with the descendents of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob.

-Legend

If you couldn't grasp the point of that comment, then you are either beyond hope, or should demand a refund from your critical reading teacher.

The point was because a nation commits crimes, doesn't mean everyone in that country deserves to be punished for it, and they don't need to demonized. My signiture quote below describes my position to a tee.

Keep it on topic? Who was the one who first steered it off? Good grief!

Alright folks lets not make this a whose right and wrong topic. There is some archeological proof that the Native American Indians of the USA may have actually taken this land from a former Race, evidence is bones on the West coast as well as Prehistoric Evidence of Human presence in North America before the crossing of the Bering Straights. smile.gif meaning the new Naturals killed the old ones, much like we had done! Also, who taught us how to kill them off? Our European Ancestors who themselves are our forefather taught us the New Settlers the same corrupt ideals that they shared and as in France's case, some new ideas like Freedom and the Statue of Liberty smile.gif The French and American Democracies though one shortlived mirror one another. We are all brother's and sisters and deep down all share the same things..

Germany was only one of many nations filled with Hate and Evil, and they were taught it by their Fathers just as we were. The Spanish, French, Dutch, Russian and English. You must purge hate and evil and that is done very well by Genocide and Mass Murder ;)

Even the Hebrews were renowned for genociding early races in Isreal few thousands years back tongue.gif