Diplomatic system must be better

To my humble opinion diplomacy should and could be better. My suggestion is that game should have 2 kinds of diplomatic points (chits). First, basic and free diplomatic points and second, diplomatic points which can be bought for MPP. This current system with only second kind of points is advantage for Axis. In early stages of game, only Axis has enough MPP to invest in DP and this is totally unrealistic. British and French diplomats was very skilled and competent just like Axis at this stage but because of lack MPP this can’t be used. Of course, players could play with non consumable chits but this is also not realistic.

Same thing is for neutral majors. Soviet and US diplomats was VERY active in time when they was neutral so neutral majors must be enable to participate in diplomacy.

I don't like the whole diplomatic feature in this game. There are two problems with it IMHO.

1. It's total randomness. A diplomatic hit can make or brake the game. Over the courtse of 10 games, this evens out, but you can lose a game because of bad luck.

I don't mind losing short games because of bad lucks, but losing a game that takes two days because of bad luck is very, very frustrating. Nor is it very satisfying to win one.

2. IMHO diplomacy is already reflecting in the natural flow of readiness.

No, I don't like it, I don't like it at all. It's game-unbalancing and redundant.

Agreed, diplomacy is more an exploit than a tool at the moment.. It's overpowered and historically diplomacy wasn't what it is this game, despite our desire to change things the truth be told, there is only so much These Powers could've done.

Originally posted by John DiFool the 2nd:

Why do we need two threads on this?

Sorry, didn’t see another post with same theme.On the other hand we should have posts about this much more because diplomatic system is not good. ;)

I agree that something should be done with diplomacy but to my opinion every grand strategy must have diplomacy. Without it is unfinished and incomplete game. Good example of this is GGWAW game. Except my previous suggestion I have suggested to Hubert one thing more which will improve a little bit diplomacy in current system – every time when player got some diplomatic result ALL diplomatic chits should be gone. This will be much more realistic (diplomat came, done his work and gone) and much more flexible system.

Originally posted by vveedd:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by John DiFool the 2nd:

Why do we need two threads on this?

Sorry, didn’t see another post with same theme.On the other hand we should have posts about this much more because diplomatic system is not good. ;) </font>