How long does the game need to ship to Europe?

Hi guys,

there still seems to be confusion about when people should expect hardgoods for a new release.

We always release the game for download first, basically on the same day that the hardgoods (CD/DVD pressing) go into production. This usually takes 2-4 weeks to finish and prepare for shipments.

So hardgoods for newly released games are sent with a delay after the official "release" (which is digital). This is spelled out clearly on the order page (and also that you are billed immediately).

Hardgoods for SC2 only started shipping last week from what I recall, so if you didn't get it yet there is no reason to worry.

On top of all this, since we switched over to a new order/shop system last month (including a lot of changes on the backend, not only on the front), there have been a few additional "bugs" to take care of, which has affected a few dozen orders. All of those have been identified however and taken care of already.

As for response times... usually our support guys (and that includes me) respond within 48 hours. If you don't have a reply by then, your email might have ended up in our spam filters. It might be good to check your own spam filters, too, since our server sends out a response challenge to unregistered email addresses (especially if you're using hotmail and the like), and this in turn might be caught in YOUR spam filters.

In our new store we have a solution for all of this, namely a help desk (basically a support forum) which is monitored all the time by our staff, so if you have problems with emails, simply open a ticket there.

New Battlefront Help Desk

The response time is 24 hours (up to 48 on weekends), and there is no risk of emails getting lost etc. You do need a user account however, and you can register one without making a purchase.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

As for response times... usually our support guys (and that includes me) respond within 48 hours. If you don't have a reply by then, your email might have ended up in our spam filters. It might be good to check your own spam filters, too, since our server sends out a response challenge to unregistered email addresses (especially if you're using hotmail and the like), and this in turn might be caught in YOUR spam filters.

I checked my spam filters... nothing in there. And I know that my adress goes through your spam filters, because a few weeks ago I received an answer.. from you personally.

Anyway: if it arrives next weeks (or a few days later), everything is fine.. but no answer at all doesn`t make people happy. But now we have an answer :D .

[ November 20, 2007, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Hyazinth von Strachwitz ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...