First Game In Progress as Allies

It seems like everyone else has started as Axis so I started up as the good guys!

Poland was over fairly quickly, no surprise, and the AI seemed to do a reasonable job (set on 'normal' for first game). France defended well as Axis corps managed to increase the French medals on the maginot line... I simply used these troops on the belgian front later on. Axis conquered French by October '40 ,however, as I decided to keep the Brits back for the coming game. I decided not to do anything gamey like withdraw French units to get free-french but one cruiser did decide to come over to the other side of the channel, and beg for help, when the time came.

One point I thought was odd, though: the luftwaffe decided to attack the neutral US ships when they sailed through the channel... sadly I could not return the favour and so the BB, New York, had to pull back out of range until the US entered the war.... 3 months after pearl harbour! Wimps! ;)

Barbarossa was easily countered as the Ruskies had plenty of time to max out their corp units and the engineer had been plenty busy around all the cities ;)

Noone except Turkey seemed to care when O'Connor decided to DOW on Iraq, Iran and Syria after barbarossa had started... this was good news for us good guys! Especially after Iraq had decided to start 'Axis coups' after I had diploed them to 80% war readiness for the allies! This upset O'Connor a little tongue.gif

Presently busy blockading axis convoys after the kriegsmarine suicided on the home fleet straight after my first sub parked itself on their convoy route from Norway. The ruskies are building up AF and HQs now ready for the big counter attack scheduled for the end of '42; the americans, meanwhile, are gearing up slowly after having donated 30% of their MPPs to the UK for the past few years ;)

As another aside the strategic map is still messed up in the download version. I have renewed drivers and updated to DX9 but this has not been resolved... probably a memory issue :(

Great game... just a shame my system is way below spec and it is taking forvever for each turn.

Time to buy a new computer! ;D

One point I thought was odd...
You know,

Some of those "oddnesses"

That you - and some others

Have brought forth,

Are ALREADY taken care of, yep,

Master Magician HARD at work,

You'd be surprised how many consecutive

Hours this furious Cat can work it! smile.gif

(... I think I can say that? I hope so, else

he will have me on that Toronto

Blue Jay deco'd - carpet, again! :eek: )

Anyway,

THE GAME

I'd really like to see,

TCP or ICQ or however

Them quick-draw

Gunsels does it nowadays,

IS this one:

Stormbringer!

VS

Moonslayer!

Are those a couple real cool nicks,

Or what?

We could see?

IF the bringer could unleash

Full-bore... force 9,

BEFORE!

The slayer could soon reduce Moon

To its "last quarter." :cool:

[... almost said: "his" last quarter, and

that! Surely would have spelt doom! LOL... maybe.]

It is not that you type slow Dave, it is that you write novels in your replies :D
Well, Blash Man,

I used to be able to easily keep it

"Short & sweet." :cool:

Nowadays,

I am lucky if I can do

"3 things - 1,2,

all in a row"

Though,

You are not only one who has said

Such things,

So,

I'll try it out and see