What happened to pre-game view, online spectators, replays and timer option?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I bought SC1 when it went gold and played alot with the AI, which after awhile grew boring.

A Spectator mode will be nice for a few players,

but definetly NOT for players like me.

I would prefer an excellent and challeging IA.

I must alos add that i have been lurking this forum for quit some time now. If a spectator mode

is implemented, i am gonna have a very fun time

watching you guys accusing eachother of cheating.

( ME spectating player x and MSN'ing battle info

to player y )

• 2 weeks later...

The game definitely needs clocks. Waiting for some folks play 15 minutes/turn is sickening.

As for the other requests ... they are 'perverse' tongue.gif They would make me lose even more time with a game that's so addictive by its nature ... I need time for RL issues ... just get us the game clock and it's ok for me smile.gif

Originally posted by Sombra:

Voice chat would be nice smile.gif

Well, would voice chat be something like this

(Paris getting conquered in March 1940)

Player A : "YEEEEEEAH, TANK BLOWN AWAY IN A SINGLE BLOOOOOOW!!!!"

Player B : Drop Dead!!!

Player A : I had 4 minimum rolls in a row, I deserved some luck!!!

(Player B) : (...'CLICK')

Player A : Hello??? You There???

:D:D:D

Originally posted by zappsweden:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sombra:

Voice chat would be nice smile.gif

Well, would voice chat be something like this

(Paris getting conquered in March 1940)

Player A : "YEEEEEEAH, TANK BLOWN AWAY IN A SINGLE BLOOOOOOW!!!!"

Player B : Drop Dead!!!

Player A : I had 4 minimum rolls in a row, I deserved some luck!!!

(Player B) : (...'CLICK')

Player A : Hello??? You There???

:D:D:D </font>

I like clock idea also (in hotseat we currently use a stop watch and shouting stop!! smile.gif ) ending turn automatically.

for voice comms, free :

Teamspeak server/client (upto 5 users free on one server i think)

MSN voice chat (limited to 2 people only)

Skype - telecon software - dont know how many people it can have on at same time - but definitely more than 2

========================================

Being lazy I thought how about about an automated AAR output at the end of each turn, genarated by the game and saved into a plain text file. It could include combat results ( 'my' IV pnzr attacked 'your' French 1st Army, reducing it from 7 to 4 ), cities taken and even things like (enemy) rivers crossed. You can then add your own personal touch, like, omg that turn sucked!

Anyway - the clock - yes plz smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Timers are a good Idea. Being that SC Blitzkrieg, Will be multi-player, Some things do not belong on a single persons turn nor Simultaneous turns.

If anything put a timer on Any Diplomacy that has to be done while taking a player turn.

To play a multi-player War game and have some one quit Really sucks! It is a stopper for most.

With some whiney players, they will try to make allies while at the same time trying to play the game and when time is out they get real pissed because they were not able to do there turn. I don't really know how the Diplomacy is going to work in Strategic Command Blitzkrieg, But a timed segment would be better than a simple timer.

I cant help but think that with a 4-6 player game, how are you going to treat dropped player?

Is it a matter of re-up or the game is dead? Do not kill the game!

It's getting like you can smell the desperation around here. There are so many intense requests for tweaks mods and wishlists going down, that HC might as well just release the programming code as open source and charge as for the manual! SC2 will clearly disappoint some who requested every possible nuance... but for goodness sake, everyone needs to calm down just a little and wait for the release.

And just like the wait for any new arrival, I think we should predict the time, and kudos to the closest prediction. For the record I'm predicting September 11 2005.

@Waltero --- Excellent point! If we are in a 5 player game, game turns in real time could get very slooooooooow if dudes are talking amongst themselves over every move.

@Agent Smith --- Hey, dude, my requests are the most important smile.gif Gotta submit feature requests or they ain't going happen smile.gif Timers should be easy to program, are new to this type of gaming (which is another selling feature!), and much needed. I won't play slow players!

• 5 months later...