Scenarios not showing up question>>>>

Where are you getting these scenarios and which particular ones are they ? From what you're saying it seems that the files are not compressed and that they're in their native format when you download them directly into the Scenarios folder.

Some scenarios come zipped with several files and when unzipped they will unzip into their own subfolder. So this is definitely not happening and the respective .CME or .CMF file is appearing in the root of the Scenarios folder ? Do these files have the correct size (i.e. - they're not zero (0) bytes in size, etc.) ?

Do you know which particular version of CMBB these scenarios were made for (i.e. - 1.0, 1.01, 1.02 or 1.03) ? I can't recall if there were version differences in CMBB for the scenario files. I believe in CMBO that the file format changed enough that if the scenario was created with an older and/or newer version of CMBO than the version attempting to play it, it wouldn't appear in the scenario list.

If you go to edit the battles (instead of play them), do they appear in the file listing there (which is, in this case, a Windows file dialog box) ? I assume that you only have one installation of CMBB on this computer, is that correct ?

To my knowledge there shouldn't be any differences in the scenario file compatibility between the 'Special Edition' version of CMBB (CDV's version) and the BFC/Internet version.

Reply to Schrullenhaft I am downloading scenarios from The proving Grounds, Boots and saddles and the new Scenario Depot 2 mostly. The zipped ones I unzip into the scenario folder. and some just install without a zip file. Its weird but some work fine and others dont. How do I find out if they are zero bytes in size? No I dont know which versions they are made for?

Yes I have the newer versions of all 3 games.

Finding the version that the scenario was created with is pretty much limited to what is reported on the download site. A majority of scenarios have probably been created by the latest versions so a version incompatibility should be a fairly rare occurance.

To check the size of a file, with the Windows Explorer File Manager go to your Scenarios directory and you can do a few things. Often you can "hover" your mouse over a file and a light yellow pop-up window will give you some of the file details, including size. Another method is to right-click on a file and select Properties from the pop-up menu. This will bring up a Properties tabbed dialog box with the file size listed on the first tab.

Is there a difference in the way or format of the files that you download that do work compared to the ones that don't ? In other words are some of the non-functioning scenarios files that we're downloaded directly without being zipped (in their native .cme/.cmf format) ?

Do you have an example of a particular scenario that isn't working for you (the scenario name and site that you've downloaded it from) ? I could check to see how it works with my CMBB install (BFC version).

OK, I got the files (Hotmail classified it as Junk Mail, so I may have unintentionally deleted the first email).

I downloaded the two attached files directly to my CMBB Scenarios folder and both of them appeared in my BFC CMBB 1.03 scenario listing. Both games also loaded up without problem.

Perhaps editing the name of "Zerstören Sie den Feind.cme" to something else (without the "o with diaresis" for example). Are you running Windows XP or another version ?