Even cooler, how about the unit's name is visible!

What would cool is when you name a unit, that it would appear on the actual piece. Ships names are on the unit counter. Currently, I check enemy units by clicking on them & checking the experience bars. If the unit counter's had their names on always visible, that would cool.

When organizing my own pieces, I could quickly recogonize who is who.

I'm sure you guys have mentioned this somewhere.

I haven't given this much thought before but you're right, most other games do show all the units names when you're looking at a general area of the map.

As Shaka put it so long ago, though, what we have in SC isn't the German and Soviet armies with different attributes, but the Blues and the Reds, so I think the natural tendancy is to just look at the units and their current values without even thinking about what they're being called.

Along these lines I remember an early piece of excellent advice you offered, ships have names, write them down and keep track of which ones have been sunk. ;)

Sir Jersey --- Alot just depends on how historical people want the game. I guess that's the reason for the advanced editor requests. It's probably not that important to give names to units if like Shaka says,"they are blue or red". But if charactristics are nationality specific, then maybe.