Rambo to Battlefront, God Bless SC2 & have fun

Hi Battlefront SC2 Firmware Team,

I just wanted to take timeout & say thanks for working on SC2. If it's anything like SC, it will be a GREAT hit.

SC is the most addicting computer game I've played. SC has something special about it, which I just can't explain. SC is like coffee, beer, candy bars, gambling, & a piece of ass rolled all into one.

You know what took SC over the top? It was doing those patches as requested by the BIG PLAYERS! These little BS requests by the history nuts are not worth your time & do not make the game. What makes SC special is the playability & longevity.

ALL OF YOUR ORIGINAL TESTERS combined could not figure out the play balance tricks. They got bogged down with stupid crap. Currently, you are getting alot of stupid threads started by weak players. These weak players intentions are good, but good intentions don't fix problems......Legends fix problems.

Problems & success of SC:

1) The IT tech discounts was an absolute joke, found by yours truly which set off my whole smack campaign of never losing playing the Germans. This was a key patch.

2) Carrier defect, found by Terif. Must fix. Then various other small air defects found by Terif & Zappsweden.

3) Allowing TCP/IP made the game. This is absolutely HUGE. Gary Grisby's games SUCK, because I'm not playing e-mail games. Did you see my feature request about timers, spectator mode, & replays? Do something ground breaking, make the games like chess, where turn based players must play within a certain time limit.

Here's what I recommend for SC2. Don't worry about all these lame-0 threads about two-bit historical aspects or anything that has to do with luck or micro management. Too many people, asking for alot of work, which only results in little payback. Instead, focus on game balance, turn-to-turn playability, chemistry & have fun making the game.

Rambo Management take: Make it easy for developeres to developer, testers to test, & managers to manage.

Rambo Sales take: People buy from people, attitude sells product.

Rambo advise for SC2: Work on the big things, the little will follow. When it comes crunch time, goto the Legends of the Game.

Doing my job & being me,

Rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

Oddly enough, I am a "weak" player, but I have the common sense to realise he is very right (oh stop prancing Rambo, its not decent smile.gif ).

The game (SC) while it could use some tweaks for its history nuts sake, mainly has to look at the aggravating balance issues FIRST.

The only thing that kept SC from being perfection personified, was those little glitches the hard core beat all to hell and back.

Because in the end, its how well "balanced" the game is, that will make us play and play and play and play and play....

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

ALL OF YOUR ORIGINAL TESTERS combined could not figure out the play balance tricks. They got bogged down with stupid crap.

Yes, unfortunately most of us though it was better to look for errors and bugs in the beta versions, so that Hubert could send out a good product on the release day...