I read that atm the AI launches no D-Day.

Is this only a rumor or true?

I plan to play a SC Campaign where the Usa gets lots of resources. The AI should D-Day then though.

So have you ever experienced a D-Day in SP?

If not is there a way to fix it by modifying the AI Script or is it hardcoded so that we have to wait for the patch?

How this slipped by the testing, is beyond me, but you heard right : he never launches D-day.

I read the D-day script and I think it says that he launches D-day when... Brest is in Allied hands (which is of cours never is anymore).

Perhpas the script can be changes so that he lauches D-day when -say- Washngton is in Allied hands or so, but right now, he never launches it.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; ALLIED SCRIPTS - Build Up Amphibious (USA)

;

; USA prepares to attack France:

{

#NAME= USA Build Up Amphibious - Brest (D-Day)

#POPUP=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#COUNTRY_ID= 3

#TRIGGER= 100

#LEVEL= 0

#PLAN_ID= 2

#SIZE= 4

#LENGTH= 1

; Brest

#GOAL_POSITION= 59,18

#DATE= 1943/01/01

#STEAL= 0

; Set friendly positions:

; 1st Line - Manchester

#FRIENDLY_POSITION= 61,13

; Set variable conditions:

; 1st Line - USA politically aligned with Allies and not surrendered

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 3 [2] [100] [0]

; Set tactical conditions:

; 1st Line - Washington D.C. not tactically threatened (dummy condition)

#TACTICAL_CONDITION= 2,23 [3]

; Set activate position:

; 1st Line - 20 Allied units in England

#ACTIVATE_POSITION= 64,15 [7,7] [20,20] [2]

; Set dummy cancel position (single neutral unit at position 0,0). This is not possible as no

; unit can occupy tile 0,0 so event will not be cancelled due to #CONDITION_POSITION

#CANCEL_POSITION= 0,0 [0,0] [1,1] [0]

}

</pre>

Originally posted by Boron:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">

; ALLIED SCRIPTS - Build Up Amphibious (USA)

;

; USA prepares to attack France:

{

#NAME= USA Build Up Amphibious - Brest (D-Day)

#POPUP=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#COUNTRY_ID= 3

#TRIGGER= 100

#LEVEL= 0

#PLAN_ID= 2

#SIZE= 4

#LENGTH= 1

; Brest

#GOAL_POSITION= 59,18

#DATE= 1943/01/01

#STEAL= 0

; Set friendly positions:

; 1st Line - Manchester

#FRIENDLY_POSITION= 61,13

; Set variable conditions:

; 1st Line - USA politically aligned with Allies and not surrendered

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 3 [2] [100] [0]

; Set tactical conditions:

; 1st Line - Washington D.C. not tactically threatened (dummy condition)

#TACTICAL_CONDITION= 2,23 [3]

; Set activate position:

; 1st Line - 20 Allied units in England

#ACTIVATE_POSITION= 64,15 [7,7] [20,20] [2]

; Set dummy cancel position (single neutral unit at position 0,0). This is not possible as no

; unit can occupy tile 0,0 so event will not be cancelled due to #CONDITION_POSITION

#CANCEL_POSITION= 0,0 [0,0] [1,1] [0]

}

</pre>

This is the script. I think the bold trigger might be the problem, 20 units in England is much. Maybe this is rarely the case and thus D-Day almost never is triggered.

This is the script, and I modified it in my current mod so it works. The problem in the script is #Activate_Position. I'll briefly explain it:

64,15 is the tile that it references for the script. [7,7] is the tile radius from 64,15 that the script checks. [20,20] is the min/max # of allied units within a 7 tile radius of 64,15 (London I believe) that is required to 'start' the script. [2] just means Allied units.

Basically, D-Day will not launch until at least 20 units are within a 7 tile radius of London. What I did was lowered the minimum to 12 or so, just to see it work, and it will. There are still some issues with it though, I've found. Namely, if you're good against the AI, you'll have plenty of units ready by early/mid 1943 to easily thwart a D-day attempt. Second, the way Hubert coded the AI, HQ's are not sent on Amphibious Assaults. The AI has to have Brest before any HQ's are sent over, this is to ensure that an HQ is not dropped in the middle of a bad landing. Personally, I'd like to see HQ's included at the risk of losing them because if the AI doesn't secure a city quickly, all of their units will be out of supply and will be easily killed off. A far bigger loss than a single HQ.

Anyway, change the min/max # to 12,20 and you should see a D-Day. Also, you can change the #Date (Currenly 1943/01/01) to something earlier like (1942/5/01) so D-day starts as soon as they have troops available.

Originally posted by Timskorn:

Basically, D-Day will not launch until at least 20 units are within a 7 tile radius of London. What I did was lowered the minimum to 12 or so, just to see it work, and it will. There are still some issues with it though, I've found. Namely...

(snip, snip)

Ah, it was this script after all. Sorry to cause confusion !

With your solution, another problem remains : if I succeeded a Sealion (which most of us do), it will never launch D-day.

Why not say : if there are 12 units around Washington, launch ?

Oh, and while you're at it : don't always launch at Brest, but sometimes at the low countries...

Good points! With time we can eventually have scripts to work under a # of conditions, such as a script choosing to hit Brest or Benelux depending on the tactical situation in France. But, for now, the above 'fix' will help D-Day launch for people in most cases.

I have also ammended the script so that D day should launch with 10 units being present in the UK. However, D Day was not the only invasion during WW2. I have looked through the scripts and have found nothing that may trigger an invasion of North Africa or Italy. Maybe I missed this but if not any such script would be essential both for realism and playability. While not go all the way and include scripts for a possible amphibous invasion of Norway, Denmark, Spain or even Germany directly if the conditions are right.

Tip: Use 2 Scripts for D-Day

1st - Based on a Fixed Date

2nd - Based on Number of Axis Units in France after Germany is at War with Russia

Example: AI will launch D-Day on 1943/01/01 unless 10% (so Human player never knows when its coming) - Russia is at war with 12-20 allied units in UK and 3 or fewer Axis units in France on an earlier date, in which case the AI will launch D-Day sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

Have the issue's regarding 'WEATHER' been addressed?.

The date to launch 'D-Day' was given the go-ahead 'primarily' based on the 'Weather' and i think also,... the time of year!.

I think that this could/should be incorporated into the game,...so that one cannot launch an invasion...just...when-ever they feel like it, but will be regulated by ' Meteorlogical Condition's ' instead!.

Well, we're given the option of still doing a D-Day in bad weather, but that's a risk you choose to make. I don't think anyone would like to be forced not to do an operation because of a month of bad weather. If they want to slog through France in the mud, that's their issue. ;)

Good point's Timskorn ,...however i was really talking about the viscious English-Channel that can wreak havok with ship's [During Bad Weather]...even destroy them!,...as well as making an Amphibious Assault very difficult to carry out!.

Eisenhower was very reluctant to give the go-ahead for the invasion in view of the 'storm' that was moving into the invasion area region!.

Best to confer with someone who really understand's the intracasies of Amphibious Warfare to get a true and just explantion of this type of undertaking!.