Thanks for bearing with me N0kn0k. OK, I checked out the scripts, and I can guess how they work: on August 31, 1945, and May 7th, 1947, the script runs, and if a particular option is turned on, then it checks for that condition. If it is met, the victory is instantly awarded.

Questions:

1. Am I right so far?

2. If any turned-on condition is met BEFORE the specified date, it has no impact, right?

3. The manual states:

"Axis Major Victory – A victory event. Axis wins a major victory after September 3,1939, if Axis controls Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London and Moscow."

I don't see an event on the list that matches this with the 1939 date--defaulted or not. Is the manual out of date?

Thanks again for your patience!

It could be the case that the manual is out of date. I'm not to sure, personally i'm always disabling those victory scripts, cause i wanna fool around with invading the USA and stuff like that smile.gif But i'm sure there's someone around here that knows.

A lot of confusion for such a small script... :D - actually it is pretty easy:

1) The standard game end is 1947 (you can alternatively choose 1945 at the beginning of the game via the options)

2) in 1947 (or 1945 if selected) it checks for the victory conditions if one side achieved a victory or if it is a draw:

- Axis Major Victory (Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London, Moscow)

- Axis Minor Victory (Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London)

- Axis Minor Victory (Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Paris, Moscow)

- Allied Minor Victory (Paris, London, Moscow, Washington D.C.)

- everything else is a draw

3) During the whole game it checks if one side achieved early victory and then game ends immediately:

- Axis Early Victory (Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London, Moscow, Stalingrad, Cairo)

- Allied Early Victory (Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London, Moscow, Washington D.C.)

In other words:

If the game doesn´t end with an early major victory of either side, then Axis need to hold Paris + Warsaw and conquer either Moscow or London to achieve victory at the end of the game. Allies have to hold/reconquer their capitals till 1947 (or 45) and also liberate Paris to win the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, you can either deselect the victory conditions when you start a game (options -> advanced -> scripts -> victory)- this way you have an endless game.

Or you can set in the editor a date of your choosing when you want the game to end.