Diplomacy where is the fun?

So if a major with max chits cancels ALL others that do not have max chits.

So if UK and Germany have 5 chits in Spain, they both cancel each other out, right?

See this is what I would like to eliminate, where Diplomacy can become stagnant.

This is why I prefer the method where chits are always active. You see Spain jump on your turn and next turn you notice it dropped, now you wonder if he just got lucky with 1 chit or if he's going heavy on the same country.

This would leave chits always open to doing their job "actively" and make for some possible diplomatic battlegrounds. Plus it always leaves the possibility of one side getting lucky and receiving the +20-30% bonus (5% each time you get a hit).

Blashy, I think we agree that the current diplomatic system needs a little bit of refinement.

There are now some more contesting ideas in this thread. I believe it is up to Hubert now to decide if he wants to change it and how to change it.

what about if axis are at war with USA or USSR that spain wont join at all since thats one of the reasons spain didnt join historically. Cannary told franco that all units were in east ready to attack russia or waring russia so spain was in not threat of getting attacked.

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

How about we use a new formulation for diplomatic effects based on the mechanics we have now.

Depending on the diplomatic vitality of each major as was historical, a new multiplier is used unique to each major instead of the set 5%.

Let's say historically UK probably achieved the greatest diplomatic influence in WW2 = 6%. Germany next = 5%, USA = 4%, France, Italy, and USSR maybe 3%.

These are the base starting values subject to modification from which tech? How about Intel?

New formula % influence = base X chits + Intel level. So for UK with 4 chits and a level 3 Intel we have 6*4+3=27%. UK max=35%, Germany=30%, and so on.

To determine who(Axis or Allies) is wielding the most diplomatic influence against any nation, just sum the % influences, every nation contributes its effect.

My vote would go to SeaMonkey's proposal.

Additionally, if Spain is so decisive, and if it is so easy to take to the axis side as Sombra seems to think, what about letting the USA and Russia have the option to invest 1 or 2 diplomacy chits, while they are still neutral?

Maybe the diplomacy part is well balanced, if the axis are only slightly superior in the beginning and the allies are slightly superior after the USA and Russia have joint the war.