pork all ratings other than anti-ship) to attack

ships from a distance. The air wing could be

detached and sent to a friendly location for

repair/tech upgrades. Plus I think you will need

to be able to stack air units with ground units,

else every Pacific island will need to be 2

squares (or more) in size.

Just my 2 cents...

He does make a good point about the Pacific Islands however.

Those islands were primarily used as air strips so you would clearly want an AF unit stationed there. But you would have no room for a land unit to protect it.

And what about HQ units? How do you conduct an assault without them? There wouldn't be any room.

Stacking would seem to solve this issue even if its limited to allowing only 1 ground, 1 air and 1 HQ unit per square.

Maybe both of these things could also be solved with some kind of new units. I think the Pacific would require for sure some sort of Marine unit anyway. Its possible this could be a unit that doesn't need as much supply so it can engage in invasions on its own.

Or would it be possible for HQ's to affect units FROM THE SEA?. This would allow a unit off the coast to provide command and support for an invading unit. It would also be nice to see some kind of Naval HQ unit if that's possible. After all Naval officers had just as much impact in the Pacific as Army officers did in Europe.

Originally posted by Lars:

Simple solution, don't draw the islands to scale. ;)

Actually, that's probably more than reasonable. After all, the distances between the islands is so great in relation to their size anyway that it would have little negative affect.

Other things I came up with was to represent a chain of islands as a series of land tiles seperated by river tiles. The idea would be that since they are so close together, its possible to move troops with the equivalent of river barges. The defender would then get the standard advantage of defending accross a river. Seems like that could be workable.

Its also possible to make AF units with better anti-infantry defense with the idea that they include both AF units and integrated infantry support units which is actually somewhat accurate.