How 'bout partisan in Spain?

Would there have been anybody still willing to stick his head up after the civil war?

Then again, maybe we should have partisans no matter who invades or ends up controlling it. I'd like to see the Allied player get stuck with the problem for once.

With the fabulous new editor you can turn partisans on or off for any country and have pre and/or post surrender partisans.

Personally, I would like the option for players to expend diplomatic points to activate partisan activity in specific countries.

Then the Allies or the Axis could decide if they want to expend the resources required to support the activitives of Spanish or Greek or Norwegian partisans or not.

[ December 28, 2004, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

How about the idea of the Allies being able to activate partisans (for MPPs and/or Diplomatic Points) if Spain declares for the Axis.

I know that the Loyalists/Communists/Anti-Fascists/etc., had just taken a beating in the Civil War. But if the Allies committed to supply and support them (which they might be inclined to do once Spain became an avowed enemy), they might have been able "resurrect" an active resistance.

One would have to figure out how the competing interests of the Western Allies and the USSR might collide in this endeavor, but its just a thought...

As originally posted by With Clusters:

One would have to figure out how the competing interests of the Western Allies and the USSR might collide in this endeavor, but its just a thought...

Complicated bit of political mayhem, quite likely the result, and yep, it could very well come to resemble something such as this:

big%20bang.jpg

... the RED at center being the Comintern, and the surrounding BLUE being the Western Allies at hyper-active containment, yes? ;)

Good ideas here; sufficient to say, some "diplo-maneuvering" will be possible in SC2-Blitzkrieg, ... but,

How you might accomplish ALL that detailed and tremendously intricate inter-plays, and STILL get this much anticipated game out - as fast!

As everyone wants it, I have no idea.

Hubert thorough knows DIPLO-ability, however, so, as per usual, we'll have to wait and see. :cool:

Lars wrote:

Would there have been anybody still willing to stick his head up after the civil war?

If the Axis had invaded Spain then it is quite simple: those who had continued the struggle against Franco would have been joined by others to oppose the foreign domination of their country. Partisan warfare continued in Spain from 1939 until 1960, with the high point being the 1944 invasion of the Val d'Aragon when 15,000 men crossed the French border.

And if the allies had invaded then there would most probably have been a right wing resistance movement.

Spanish partisans should definitely be included.