[Out For Justice] Beware: There is a cheater in the midst

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, the culprit is Barcelona_1936 aka Jaimain (on ICQ). Cheated against me and Iron Ranger, using the negative income building bug.

5 xtra subs, xtra BB, 2 Bombers, 2 xtra AFs (one pre-france), xtra Para, , lots of armies, 2 xtra HQs, xtra everything.

Battleships Thor and Wotan? After i sunk one of the default ones ... 'ooh, i just built it after poland surrendered...' ... 'oh, no, but before france fell, for sure ...' You gotta be sh*tting me ...

@the punkass cheater -> hard limits were on and germany has a limit of 2 BBs which are already in the queue...you could have cheated for some xtra subs, st00pid...

Hubert, do something about this bug, please.

[ July 22, 2006, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: hellraiser ]

I can understand the desire of the competitive players to want to discourage cheaters, but would suggest this really belongs in the Opponent Finder Forums for a number of reasons.

This sort of thing can't help but tarnish a person's reputation and lead to bad feelings, which is bad enough, but it's worse when posted in an area that is geared to general discussion about the game and it's historical topics.

As this is only pertinent the person's competitive playing there seems little reason to drag the issue through this forum, where he may be well liked and, also, where most of the members don't play the game competitively.

Brother Rambo,

I neither like nor dislike cheaters, it's irrelevant to me personally as the only time I play is after being dragged kicking and screaming into a game. At that, I usually only play people I know and cheating is never an issue as enjoying the mutually created AAR story is what we go for, not the game itself.

Most people want the emphasis on the game, true, but the majority of them are social players. That's the case in all games.

Regarding this issue, if the place is going to get into finger pointing and negatively labelling members, people are going to end up being banned.

Count on it.

People will end up being banned. And I doubt it will be the cheaters.

Which is why, in the interest of keeping my old friends at the site, I'd like to quietly suggest that these things stay in a forum dealing with competitive playing of the game, and not ist's social side.

>>> Electrical storm brewing overhead, must be your Biblical connections, Brother Rambo. ;)

-- Signing off till late tonight sometime.

Please consider this.

@Sir Jersey --- What in the world are you talking about? REPEAT. What in the world are you talking about? So, you're telling me, Barcelona_1936 aka Jaimain (on ICQ) is a big fat cheater...and others get banned? That's makes a whole lot of sense, NOT!!!

Dude, go take a nap, and rethink your comments. READ WHAT THIS CHEATER HAD before Fall of France.

-Legend

Thanks, Brother Rambo, I took a nap on my own.

No, the people who will end up being banned aren't necessarily cheaters or non-cheaters, they'll be the ones making a commotion about it and stirring things up.

Which is as much as I'll say.

When fingers start pointing and things start getting nasty I hope nobody I like ends up getting booted.

-- And I didn't say cheating shouoldn't be reported, what I said was it should be done at a forum that is only dealing with competitive game play.

Anyway, go in peace, as I'm doing. Whatever happens can happen.

@Sir Jersey --- This is the competitive Forum, it's also a non-competitive Forum. Stay out of the thread if you can't handle Justice.

@Everybody Else --- Marvel not that good shall be called evil, and evil shall be called good. We've got people all over America like this, who will not do what is right...they defend the evil, and blame the good. IN SUCH A CUT & DRY CASE!

Most people want the emphasis on the game, true, but the majority of them are social players. That's the case in all games.
I like playing social games. I don't want to waste time on a game when someone is cheating big time. Also I don't visit the opponent finder forum that much. So I like the heads up on this forum.

Brother Rambo:

Justice? Sorry friend, so far this is only an accusation you're coming up with and the other guy hasn't even responded. You're making yourself accuser, judge and executioner.

Which isn't justice.

And, in as much as I've never told you, or anyone else, where they should or shouldn't be posting I'll thank you to do the same.

-- And I had no desire to post to this again till your remark just now telling me to stay away. No. I'll post in whatever thread I feel like posting to.

Speaking of Justice, if I have to take a stand it would be the justice of not having any Judge Roy Bean types pointing a finger and saying people are cheaters or whatever else.

This sort of nonsense is a throwback to Joe McCarthy. It didn't work for him and it won't work for anyone else.

judge.jpgmccarthy.jpg

Justice -- how about setting up something other than your own accusations to verify what you're saying? If not it's only you pointing a finger and staining somebody's reputation. Which isn't anyone's idea of justice.

If it were being done to you, I'd be on your side.

@Everybody Else --- Marvel not that good shall be called evil, and evil shall be called good. We've got people all over America like this, who will not do what is right...they defend the evil, and blame the good.
Shades of Politics? But I must say Rambo, you are correct. This has become a big problem in not just America, but the whole world. Just to clarify, I'm talking the big picture here, not about the "cheater" in SC2.

Well Sorry Hellraiser redface.gif You have the reason, i begin to cheat from the first turn, but not to win instead of this only to promove some polemic in the forum about the ÃœBERBUG.

First I have purchased all my army and navy from the beginnig, but my mpps were positive at the end of the turn.

I can give you my password and you can see that my MPP aren´t in negative numbers,if you have any dubte.

The reason to do that is to report all players that the bug is even BIGGER than only to rename units, you can have units with negative strenght, and this give you a way to hold over 0 your MPP´s .

This is only a play , but a play we have paid for, i know is a very poor excuse for using another player but you have gone out before i can explain me. If for my behavior i have to be banned some time i can understand it.

:rolleyes:

dibujoti7.jpg

redface.gif Hellraiser if you see the unit in negative strenght was in amphibious transport to invade UK and then should be the moment when you should have seen the sad true ( i´m a bit histrionic). And as i can see my plan have worked thanks to JJRambo and his torch against cheaters, i thing this BUG do the game with fog of war a matter of trust (if i want to hide myself i haven´t build any BB or CW as you can see in the screenshot i built). I hope this PROBLEM take all the attention of HC and he´ll fix it. :(

I feel really bad about using you Hellraiser , i hope you can forget this incident. But for me it is only a play , and i have thought will be funny to surprise you with my elite unit of -2710 strenght points attaking UK. I haven´t tested by now what is its power of atttack. ;)

Barcelona I was playing a game vs Iron not too long ago, when I was a bit fiesty and tired and launched my transports on a neutral rule but when my nation said preparing for war and was at 99% and we'd made a rule no neutral blocking or neutral movements beyond a certian acceptable level... I realized the error thankfully, and I parked my ass for a whole turn and lost a game. That's the price of a bit of honesty, if I tweaked the game rules just a bit to win and the other guy didn't notice does it make it okay?

Hell, when you're playing for Rank, I have seen guys pull plugs in other games, quit, pretend, use any method neccessary to win. usually the younger and more immature they are the worse. It's not really fun to cheat and win. If you want to, play the AI, you can cheat all you want against it, that's more interesting than asking a guy for a Duel and you bring 3 buddies to hold his arms while you beat him?

Then again a cheater will likely win, due to the fact he has the odds stacked in his favor so greatly, what I love is when a cheater loses tongue.gif

Having played and enjoyed poker, cheating can get you in some trouble. Banned, in the flesh, who wouldn't want to venture to guess tongue.gif but if this game was about whether my kids ate are not then I have an excuse. Why inflate my ego when in fact any intelligent person's ego would be damaged. LOL Good Going

Let's just say you must really really really suck, I will tell a guy when he's not so good. I have like 80 losses and 40 wins... I am really mediocre but out of 100 games you won't win 1 vs me if you play honestly

Originally posted by Barcelona 1936:

redface.gif Hellraiser if you see the unit in negative strenght was in amphibious transport to invade UK and then should be the moment when you should have seen the sad true ( i´m a bit histrionic). And as i can see my plan have worked thanks to JJRambo and his torch against cheaters, i thing this BUG do the game with fog of war a matter of trust (if i want to hide myself i haven´t build any BB or CW as you can see in the screenshot i built). I hope this PROBLEM take all the attention of HC and he´ll fix it. :(

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

@Sir Jersey --- There's your confession. Dude, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get those units that early in the game because of the production queue.

CASE SOLVED!

By the way, I don't need you or any other human in order to know the Truth. The Truth is in me.

Brother Rambo,

The confession isn't the issue. The way the accusation was made is the issue.

Truth Within you? Don't need anybody? You knew it, know it, the end result justifies the methods used -- Okay, I've read similar remarks from every meglomaniac in history.

Go in peace. I don't need you either. Which wasn't the issue either, but at this point I no longer care about any of you, or your pre-pubescent nonsense.

@Sir Jersey --- What don't you understand? Didn't need the confession for the Truth. It was cut & dry. ALL BECAUSE OF THE PRODUCTION QUEUE and the units he had. Impossible situation.

Simple:

1) Two different sources brought forth testimony against this game Cheater.

2) Two different sources brought forth overwhelming evidence.

3) Case closed, he cheated.

Then you:

1) Defend cheats.

2) Attack the innocent.

The facts are simple & have been presented. Let the people believe what they want.

Reminds me of my boy Steven Segal.

First i haven´t played yet in any ladder game , then i don´t`play for rank, i´m not very competitive (I know this is dificult to understand for you JJRambo), only play for fun and i prefer to design scenarios than playing them.

Second I could hide and say no i don´t cheat and he couldnt prove it.

Third please reply this again because i hope people Know how easy is to cheat in this last version (and to know I cheat in this game)and this bug will be fixed inmmediately.

smile.gif

@TheCheater --- Dude, showing up with all that hard before Paris, well...that's that. Your a cheater. Don't even try to play it off as you're trying to prove something about the game. In reality, you proved that you're a cheater.

He's not sorry, just sorry he got caught.

-JJR

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

@Sir Jersey --- What don't you understand? Didn't need the confession for the Truth. It was cut & dry. ALL BECAUSE OF THE PRODUCTION QUEUE and the units he had. Impossible situation.

Simple:

1) Two different sources brought forth testimony against this game Cheater.

2) Two different sources brought forth overwhelming evidence.

3) Case closed, he cheated.

Then you:

1) Defend cheats.

2) Attack the innocent.

The facts are simple & have been presented. Let the people believe what they want.

Reminds me of my boy Steven Segal.

Brother Rambo,

I have no love of cheaters and no love of liars either.

You feel you're right and, as far as stopping people from cheating, you are.

My complaint is going about in this way, where you blast the person all over the site. Okay?

There are better ways of doing it. You can confront the person privately, or even send out a mass mailing to all the competitive players saying you're sure so and so is cheating -- as long as that person is also on the list so he has a chance to defend himself.

-- I used to play a lot in the early SC-1 days, and I had more than my share of cheaters, reloaders, whatever back then. When I was certain they were doing something wrong I'd confront them with it and, if they were reloaders I just wouldn't play them again.

Eventually I just stopped playing, but that's because I find these things to be very time consuming.

-- What used to turn me off much more than cheaters -- why would anyone need to cheat against me of all people? -- what really bothered me more than anything else was the idiots who'd waste my time with a game and would punk out when they were losing and never respond to continue it. I found that very often with IP games and that's another reason I stopped playing. But I always either resigned or finished when I had a bad game, so my record wouldn't be so hot, what's the difference?

Anyway, as I said, it's the manner it was done in and not what you were doing.

-- As far as innocent and guilty. You're talking about cheating and I'm talking about making it into a public inquisition. That's the difference.

-- -- What really amazes me is I'm the only sticking up for this guy and he hasn't said a word about it. Like I said, there are a lot of ways of wasting time here and one of them is standing up for the rights of cretins. :D

Peace, Brother Rambo. smile.gif