I've always had problems remembering which units have the most experience or which units are supplied, having to click a unit each time to display the info. :mad:

Perhaps you could indroduce a number of views which show different information.

The default view would display Unit Strength . Another view could display Experience , while a third view could display Action Points or Supply etc.

To switch from view to view you would use short cut keys ie F1, F2 etc.

This would save a lot of time clicking on each unit. :D

Yes...more ideas to reduce repititous clicking!.

-UNIT STRENGTH: The unit could fade in its color say from Bright Green to medium Green to Light Green...( Too complicated?...maybey someone has a better idea).

-EXPERIENCE: The unit could display a small STAR or STARS on the base to indicate this.

-ACTION POINTS: Could be illustrated when you try to move the unit...it will show you exactly how far you can go...depending on what you have left!.

Something like this would SAVE a LOT OF CLICKING!.

Retributar

The idea is to make it easy for the player to view at a glance the information he needs to formulate his moves, thus saving time clicking on individual units.

A simple numeric representation of the data should suffice without the need for multi-coloured graphics. ;)

Unit Strength - Already on the unit

Action Points - Already implemented in SC1 (click on a unit and you see where it can go)

Too much information on a unit makes for information overload or perhaps its just that I like the nice clean look of SC2 units.

Yep, those are already adequate.

Perhaps a little red/yellow/green light for supply state would be nice.

And my pet peeve, a indicator of experience on the HQ unit. Of course, I could just edit out "Rommel" and make him "#8".

I think this is an important feature. Why? Already we have seen much additional depth added to SC, which equals greater complication, more things to ponder,an increase turn time(real). I have faith that Hubert will endeavor to offset this additional micromanagement with a friendlier interface. Lets face it though, more information on the unit counter/images reduces time to access that information. Strength is there, what's the next most important info, experience/readiness? Supply is also critical, but I believe that could be represented by a toggled display(numeric) for each tile (tile supply status). So in actuality all we need is two numbers on our units, experience represented a number of ways or just 1.3, 2.6, 4 numerically, possibly color tinted for quick recognition and readiness, another numeral 34, 78, 110 no % needed (grayed when under 50%), of course these would be in smaller font then our strength number. Location? In the corners of the counter or base of the images or hovering over the nonbased images. As an added convenience I could invision a small G on the units to show connection to its designated HQ unit, in this case Guderian. That G could be "green" when in range of bonus, or "red" for out of HQ influence. Deductively thinking it is my position that this could be the single most effective feature to help reduce SC micromanagement and simple to incorporate, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would also like to add something for forum digestion. I do not want to see the tech levels displayed on the unit counters. Why? This will increase realism and FoW effect. It will be up to your opponent to accurately surmise the level you have attained by observing the icon and deducing the amount of damage they have sustained. Sort of like an observer's miss identification. Burp!

I think adding more information to the unit counters would be a bad idea, as it would clutter up the screen.

If we simply had a toggle button or functions keys

to display different information then this would save a lot of unneseccary clicking of the mouse.

ie after clicking on the toggle button the information shown in that little square on the unit counter, would change from Unit Strength - Supply - Readiness - Experience - Action Points - Unit Strength.

Different shortcut keys would be another way this could be achieved. :cool:

I hate toggle buttons if they just flip from, say, the "10" strength to a "10" supply to a "10" readiness. I always forget to turn the damn things off and run around with the wrong info. Bad, bad idea.

Now if that supply state pops up in addition to the "10" strength, then sure, I'd go with the toggle. That way I could leave both numbers up if I like the clutter and you can have the clean look.