Rambo tournament final game: Hellraiser (axis) vs Colin (allies)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are heading for Barbarossa. Titranic Axis juggernaut continues though UK has come through the dark yearsw no worse than I expected.

Hmmm. On the revisions to game front - Commonwealth assets vanish when Egypt is taken - I think there is no historical reason why this should happen - they come from friendly countries who, if they continue to support UK, would be able to deploy them elsewhere. Feel this is a script bug.

I'm afraid I'm away another week on work but then we should be able to conclude. Just hope there is SOMETHING I can do to make the game exciting. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Axis eradicate the allied presence (marauder corps) in Jutland and destroy the british bomber in Malta - the isle itself will be occupied soon.

A british cruiser fled Malta harbour westwards only to meet her doom near tunisian coast.

Axis buildup towards USSR is accelerating.

Both USA and USSR at 67% (june 15)

Late August 41

Axis DOW and capture Iran and Portugal. Axis attack Sweden, destroying her AF and damaging the capital garrison.

USSR joins the Allies - in response to this, Axis have something prepared as well smile.gif

Riga and Odessa fall, corps near Riga advances towards Leningrad to trigger Finland to join Axis (which happens tongue.gif )

One Baltic red cruiser sunk.

USA prepares for war.

The GAME has started smile.gif

31 August 1941

Germany occupies Sweden; Yugoslavia DOW-ed and annihilated.

Army Group North presses towards Leningrad; next turn the encirclement will be completed, unless Colin comits reinforcements in the area (which I doubt).

An ill fated sortie by the last red baltic cruiser - she now rests in peace at the bottom - Kriegsmarine ownz da pond ;)

USA joins the Allies - they will soon realize they embarked on a hopeless journey ;)

back

sep 41

Axis capture minsk and kiew; Leningrad encircled, Skandinavia connected. Very high morale for Axis (previous minor capturing) translates in extremely good combat results smile.gif

Countles UK ships bombard norwegian garrisons and fortifications near Kiel - Axis see a little window of opportunity and set sail to Atlantic to begin harassing merchant shipping - surprise! Just off coast of Portugal, a surprise encounter with a US cruiser! Obviously she receives proper treatment smile.gif Seeing that, Axis admiral orders the navy to spread and search for possible other american vessels nearby - with the bulk of the RN busy north, Axis enjoys a clear superiority in Atlantic - another US cruiser found and sunk and a US BB found but no ships so fast to catch and sink her smile.gif

yup, Fiume cruiser at the bottom, sunk by 2 US BB and 1 US carrier - some RN units moving towards Atlantic, bad weather sets in - Axis navy decide to call it a day and head back for repairs.

In Russia, Leningrad falls to combined naval. air and land attacks. In southern Russia, germans capture a mine and encircle a red army camped on the other mine. The russians just fall back, no serious engagements so far.

Russians unveil fancy new antitank guns, every bit as nasty as an 88 (L3 antitank) thanks to frantic research by Soviet scientists. Start taking pot shots at rather old-fashioned German armour.

Possibly, just possibly, the Russians may be able to offer some serious resistance.......

red army sitting on a mine near kharkow counterattack a tank down to 4 str points but in return the brave commies die defending the mine smile.gif

Axis refit and upgrade their units and continue buying the rest of the armies.

So far, all HQ , tanks, air, corps bought and some armies as well. Huge preparations for the spring offensive.

November 41 - the front stretches from the mountains near moscow - Smolensk-kharkow - odessa.

German OKW pretty pleased as all the major objectives set for 1941 are met.

Bismark sunk in response.

Russians glare at sneaky Germans struggling into the Caucuses from Iraq (kind of expected this).

Situation certainly difficult but the Russians are quite powerful and Western Allies have yet to make their move. I would say I was losing but its good to keep in mind Terif's advice - keep playing and look for an opportunity to turn things around.

As expected, Moscow falls to combined air-land hits; USSR moves the Kremlin to Stalingrad, siberian troops arrive.

In the south, german troops encircle Odessa and prepare for the siege.

Russians have sacrificed so far some pieces, not a biggie. No one knows for sure what terror lies in the vast steppes beyond Voronezh/Stalingrad... The german 'explorers' will soon find out ;)

Naval action near Brest - indeed Bismark lies at the bottom but the retribution is swift and terrible - 1 US BB, 1 RN BB and 1 RN cruiser sunk in return. These waters are mine, baby smile.gif at least for now tongue.gif

The italian bomber in Norway hits a RN BB down to 2. The norwegian adventure was a little bit costly for the RN, especially if we consider also the strength points loss associated with bombarding cities smile.gif