Rambo tournament final game: Hellraiser (axis) vs Colin (allies)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not worth screenshots yet - Hellraiser off to fast start but nothing that unusual has happened.

Guderian - quite possibly but a lot can happen yet. If I get through the "Bleak Years" without too many disasters I'll be content - its clear the Axis juggernaut is building but I'd expact that.

July 28

Axis tanks adjacent to Madrid, USA jumps to 62%, lend lease started, Pacific fleet transferred to Atlantic. Allied navy bombards (with quite some success) axis units in Spain.

Spanish Tangier corps walks towards Casablanca - italian reinforcements arrive to protect the sub pen there smile.gif

Hungary jump 9%, next turn they are in - finally I can use those minors at something ;)

Some naval movements from east to west ,in the Med, during Colin's turn - don't know exactly which unit moved where though. 2 RN BBs fail to bombard a german army near Tobruk (germans camped near Tobruk and began upgrading their troops IW2 AT2).

As Hellraiser says. Axis and Allies lurk in the desert sands whilst the RN swings by to remind the Germans they don't dominate the seas - hindering the rebuilding of Tobruk harbour. Bombers from Malta exert direct and indirect effect on the situation.

Italians also get shelled and bombed, really quite effectively. And a beligerent Spanish cruiser does some damage to the Italian navy which was cowering in port. Spanish will throw in the towel soon though.

Colin, seems to have a very aggressive UK North Africa strategy. I find this a completely useless Theatre lately unless the Limeys can contain the Axis, take Iraq-Algeria-Tunisia

North Africa being a MPP Resource, deny to the Axis and launching Pad against Axis Belly

Otherwise it sucks out UK Forces, unless the UK are dish out some serious Axis Casualties.

Seems as though Hellraiser is Hellraising Europe, Speeding through it like a RaceCar Driver. This will mean he's an unstoppable juggernaut and it will require some very clever counter strategies

Colin you've got your work cut out for you here!

August 25, 1940

Spain fell; axis troops approaching Gibraltar.

Hungary joined. Norway (previously left alone by the Allies - quite a surprise for me - fell to Axis.

The control in west Africa is complete, axis will soon drive the British Empire out of Africa and the middle east. With the middle game objective more or less completed - Axis is pretty satisfied ... for now...because the real game starts in 1941 smile.gif

Indeed UK bomber hits now and then the Tobruk port and the Malta effect kicked once. Not that it matters much anyway since the required troops are in position for several turns now, upgrading and sun tanning. But I am in no way in a hurry down there, I got all the time in the world smile.gif

Colin, glad you agree. I have met a few Axis who do not know how to Clean Africa.. If the UK Grabs it early, right after France, they have a chance to get if first and cloak it with the RN...

as for your strategy, bleeding the Axis in Africa without taking the Enchilada hurts some due to the fact Egypt-Syria are essential readiness triggers for USA and USSR they can increase output 500-1000MPPs before that all Important 1941 stage...

I wish you luck... Be cautious, and patient, the only thing stronger than Hellraiser, one of 3 or 4 guys I'm careful with on here!

@Liam -> "RN very active in Norway, Denmark"

Counting the pieces, I would say the Med soon will be a dangerous place to fish, for the RN smile.gif

Axis capture Gibraltar, soon Axis will claim the deserts of Egypt smile.gif

Italian engineer working on the coasts of Jutland gets hammered by RN...the poor dude flees in terror smile.gif

German sub sneaks past the RN blockade near Norway and hits a carrier down to 4. Sub is hiding in the norwegian port smile.gif

Last turn of Nov 40

Italian AF moved forward as spotter, notices the bulk of the UK forces retreated back to Cairo.

In response, Axis unleash a powerful attack directly on Alexandria, defended by an UK corps (3 german AFs, army, corps) and a german corps capture the city. El Alamein fort was bypassed , but got bombarded and hit afterwards down to 3.

I suspected a tougher resistance in Africa and shipped a second german HQ and all german AFs - as it appears now, I wasted some mpps but better be safe than sorry smile.gif

No sign of the RN med task force only a cruiser cowering in Malta harbour smile.gif

Gibraltar effect kicked big time, allied assets aroudn the med in ruins smile.gif

December 40

UK forces evacuate Egypt. Afrika Korps reach the outskirts of Cairo, damaging the garriosn.

The passage east of Alexandria is blocked by a BB, supported by a cruiser. The italian sub engages the BB.

The rest of the map: italian engineer keeps building, Germany buys troops, techs rather normal for this stage.