Soooooo we all want SC2 of course.

There, now that I have said the obvious, what 2nd place grand stratetgy game are you looking to get after SC2?

Me, I am unsure, it's an on again off again thing with me, but I am hoping Gary's game will be pleasing.

I just saw some screenies of HoI2, and some how the word "milk" leaps to mind smile.gif

I actually have a few global grand strategy board games tugging at my sleeve looking for attention.

2004 saw a few really good ones come into circulation.

Sure I want World in Flames on a computer.

Have you ever tried finding a long term use table for the board game? smile.gif

I am skeptical though, that the team involved will be able to make it happen if they spend to much time making it perfect according to every single suggestion they are getting.

Given a choice, I would be inclined to suggest they shamelessly emulate WiF, not actually call it WiF, and release a game that actually is not constricted by being forced to be a clone of the board game.

Sure I am depressed that SC wasn't a total copy of Advanced Third Reich smile.gif

But I have TR PC.

It's not even close to as easy to play as SC.

Sometimes a literal copy of a board game is not a bright idea.

Some want ASL made into a computer game.

I would rather play Steel Panthers instead.

The only way I want ASL to appear on my computer, is with VASL.

HoI was to tiresome then it came to the time frame. Micromanage every hour in a sex year time span is just to much.

Also it was many other problems in the game.

We can always hope that Hoi 2 will be improved, but I think SC2 will be better as a grand strategy WWII simulator.

• 4 weeks later...

SC2 will no doubt be a great-game and a game to remember for many many years to come...but, it may yet still undergo some revisions and overhaul's before it reaches it's final form.

As has Panzer General for example, and many other games.

As for an SC3 game...yes, i think so...as we saw crudeness and lacking in SC1 even though it too was a great game...we will see weaknesses and lacking in SC2 at some point,...and clamour to have more improvements in another updated version of this game ... Such-As...SC3!.

I have already expoused some improvement's i would like to see...but, perhaps my ideas as well as the ideas of other's are not yet relevant at this stage of 'SC-Development' to be acceptable or implemental at this time.

Such As... http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=34;t=000510

Excerpt From Posting:

Nov 11-2004:

"With this Research & Design system you can moniter with ease...every single unit you have in your Military-Arsenal...from a few to 10's of thousands if you wish...and it only takes a few moments to do it all!.

You can Upgrade older units with new technology...but, only so far!. You can construct Technologically Advanced units...then, incorporate the latest Tech-Improvement's as you can afford them!.

If...you can't afford to make a 'General' Upgrade for all units of a particular category...you can Upgrade that Particular unit in what-ever specific formation you desire.

For example...you can do a General Upgrade in your Design Screen...for all Pzkwgn IV's for the entire Reich...but,then see that you dont have enough Credits or what-ever to do a system wide upgrade of all of your Tank-Units,...so then you can elect to goto a specific formation...and only upgrade the equipment in that formation...and then upgrade the rest as you are able to later!."

Additional Notes

"Look's like im the only one interested in this topic subject!...so be it!!!.

Now!!!...imagine instead of Space > Destroyer's - Cruiser's & Battleship's in those pictures above...that we had Tank - Aircraft & Ship's instead research & design screen's instead!!!.

The above screen-shot's are illustrating example's of how to simplify a Research & Design process to Upgrade or Design New Units of any type.

Illustrations & Explanations are given with information on the Research Tech required as well as what previous research is required to eventually research what it is that you wish to research!.

Not only that...but you can...

VISUALLY see what project you are working on...you can rotate it, repostion it, add new accoutrement's to it and then see what the new-end-result is...these Hungarian Developer's deserve a BIG-HAND!!!!!! for their contribution to the gaming industry...., they have Brain's & Forsight to know how to design a game that is entralling and interesting and easy to use...with a little patience while learning it...as it really is a complex game!.

Their method is visually appealing - entertaining and informative...it leaves no blanks in your face!...no, fog of war here!.

There is that what i have already said about these 'Grande-Master's-Of-Game-Design' ... and there is also much more i can comment on...but, what matter's most is what the rest of this community has to say...NOT what i have to say!."

RJB - Retributar

[ December 08, 2004, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

Edwin P ...Yes!!!...i would love to have an American Civil War Variant of SC2...but,not with using WW2 Icon's.

What we need here is to enlist the talent's of someone to make it as feasibly as easily as possible to create/generate new Icon-Units for SC2 for different time periods... or for that matter WW2.

It's been done for nearly most other games... whynot this one?.

The next game genre is "Grand Strategic-Operational-Tactical Command", GSOTC for short. A game with a world map to be played much as SC now, or WiF, or even territorial like HoI/WaW. Turn based at the strategic level, but when a battle occurs of extreme importance, the players have the option to conduct it on the tactical level. The strategic hex is selected the forces(OOB) deployed and "VOILA" the terrain in grid map format appears and you conduct the battle with the HttR engine in RTS format....least amount of micromanagement. The orders are issued by each player and the AI directed forces carry them out with no additional player interaction if desired. Orders can be amended, with delays, the players may micromanage if they wish, but at the end the winner takes control of the hex/territory. Back to the strategic scale until the next momentous battle.

SeaMonkey

"The next game genre is "Grand Strategic-Operational-Tactical Command", GSOTC for short."

That's what "IMPERIUM GALACTICA II" did...

"Turn based at the strategic level, but when a battle occurs of extreme importance, the players have the option to conduct it on the tactical level. The strategic hex is selected the forces(OOB) deployed and "VOILA" the terrain in grid map format appears and you conduct the battle with the HttR engine in RTS format....least amount of micromanagement. The orders are issued by each player and the AI directed forces carry them out with no additional player interaction if desired. Orders can be amended, with delays, the players may micromanage if they wish, but at the end the winner takes control of the hex/territory. Back to the strategic scale until the next momentous battle.
Glad to see you make this known...this feature will satisfy all spectrum's of player's...leaving it up to the individual player to decide how deep or shallow he want's to go into his particular game!."

[ December 09, 2004, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Retributar ]