1.03 patch propositions

1) Tanks is too strong - my proposal: reduced soft/hard attack by -1;

2) Special Forces is too strong - my proposal: upgrade (Infranty Weapon, Anti-tank) is only soft/hard attack - not defense (allways 1);

3) Anti-tank is too weak - my proposal: hard attack/defend improved by +1;

4) Anti-air is too weak - my proposal: is two strikes.

[ March 26, 2008, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Armuss ]

• 2 weeks later...

I am about to beat the germans at level 0 and I have the following comments/suggestions

1) IA is performing better but still lacks a "strategic vision" to concentrate its units in certain circumstances : 2 examples :

- After DDay in France (from Marseille), IA left several strong units iddle in the west part of France instead of regrouping them (near Paris for instance)

- While I started to counter attack in Russia, a few german units (including strong Armored ones) are venturing to the east, to conquer cities

Maybe it could be possible to define a variable whereby the IA determines a global defensive strategy => no venturing in unknown territories, regrouping force in strategic positions

Other remark : HQ units manage to block passage to armies and sometimes manage to hold a city while attacked by an army. I suggest HQ automatically retreat when the turn ends and they remain in contact with an enemy unit (a bit like subs escape strategy).

Finally, I don't like the idea that resources at not equal for the IA and the Human player...

Apart from that, IA provides a good challenge !

For instance, I noticed Italy managed to build 2 HQ & other forces (Italy did no conquer other countries & production points in my current game) while when I played Axis, Italy had not the resources to buy those units...

Youri,

Ok this makes sense as the AI does receive a few unit bonuses throughout the course of the game. At Level-0 they will not receive any extra MPP but in order to give the AI a bit of help, i.e. to make up for the lack of some human type intuitive play it will receive some unit bonuses here and there.

Good thing is that if you do not approve of these bonuses they can always be turned off in game (no need to go to the Editor) via the ADVANCED->SCRIPTS dialog and/or fine tuned as desired.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Originally posted by Youri:

For instance, I noticed Italy managed to build 2 HQ & other forces (Italy did no conquer other countries & production points in my current game) while when I played Axis, Italy had not the resources to buy those units...

As the Axis player many of my Italian MPPs go into maintaining the med fleet. The AI doesn't usually have much of a med fleet to maintain when I play the allies ;) so they have more to put into ground units.

Maybe this is the same with you?

It's true that we get more challenge if the IA receives bonus units but I like the idea to play in historical conditions => initial conditions should be the same for both IA & Human players!

Regarding the italian fleet, I usually try to destroy it when I play the allies, but this time I didn't manage to destroy it entirely... not on purpose though I sometim realize that IA may allocate MPPs to some 'expensive' units which are not its priority strategically speaking (for instance, in a defensive strategy, MPP should be alocated to units holding defensive positions, and in usually not to units used to attack such as tanks)

Youri,

Initial conditions are the same for the player and the AI, rather the AI receives a few bonuses during the course of the game. Either way, and as mentioned, these bonuses can easily be disabled to your preference before you start the game or even during the game if you've selected 'Allow Changes' in the OPTIONS dialog.

Hope this helps,

Hubert