Hi,

The suggestion has been made before, and I would just like to reiterate it: a nice enhancement for 1.6 would be some indicator of HQ supply paths. Would be great if the path were highlighted automatically, as are attached units, when clicking on an HQ.

I am still in my first game of SC2, and loving it. It's habit forming.

• 5 months later...

I find the supply in this game to be its weakest point.

I never know when or if I will be in supply. The manual only adds comfusion. It maybe the squares that screw it all up I dont know. With most games hexes show if they are in supply or not this one has some strange farther then this and that lowers supply. Maybe correct but how it actually works is anybodies guess.

For me anything that let me know the supply would be great.

Supply is very easy - in general you only need to be able to count till 4 to determine if you are in supply or not tongue.gif :

- You get your supply from cities or ports in the amount of their strength number, each action point your unit is away reduces supply by 1. You can and should use HQs to extend the supply chain.

- HQs provide more supply as long as they are supplied by one of the cities/ports with at least supply 1, so they should stay in range.

- As Axis in Europe with its full supply you don´t need to care much about supply as you will always be supplied by one of the many cities.

- When you conquer Africa, cities/ports are max str 5, so you only need to count till max 4 since you can place your HQs max 4 tiles away from them to be in supply

- same for Russia when you exceed the 9 tiles you can be away from the german and romanian cities. Russian cities also provide max 5 supply.

- and for any amphibious invasion somewhere (axis or allied) you first need to conquer a city that is then also max str 5 and you again just have to count till 4 :D .

- pretty much the same for your combat units and their distance to the next HQ that provides them with supply: in the full supply areas where HQs provide 10 supply and you want to be able to reinforce your units to full strength, they also should stay within 4 tiles of the next HQ. In the low supply areas (Africa, Russia, amphibious invasions) 2 tiles.

P.S.: mountains and swamps need 2 action points to enter, so they simply count double.

I'm having some trouble with supply in a current game. Allies control all the middle east and have a clear line of supply to Russia, who is already in to war, but none of the cities are increasing past 5 supply. Any ideas what is going on? All the other games that I have played with this situation supply goes up to 8.