France Falls. What Now?

Though I have played SC1 a lot. SC2 is giving me some fits. smile.gif I feel like a deer in the headlights after France falls. What do I do? With the impeding war with Russia only a year away, I don't feel like I have the time to do much before I have to have my army lined up on the border.

So can a more experienced player give me a run down on my options, with the Axis after France falls and before the War with Russia.

Thanks in advance.

Collecting minor countries like greece, jugoslavia, Norway if you didn't do that yet. And don't forget africa smile.gif Also the invasion of the UK would be possible. Plenty to do. Vs the AI i got those all done except for africa. Can't comment much about multiplayer here, not that experienced.

With the current weather, you should be able to take out France by May, 1940. This should leave you quite a bit of time to conquer Africa, minors, while building your army up.

@Aztecace Were you looking for a pvp game (different thread)? I can take Axis and show you anything I have learned so far, then you take the reigns and I can show you what Allies can do to counter a bit. You get some really good eye opening experiences playing against others.

Hmmm ? You can not do much after France falls ???

Between the fall of France and the attack of Russia, I usually take <takes deep breath> UK mainland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Vichy France, and Spain.

Sometimes also Greece, Egypt, Iceland, Yougoslavia, Syria, Iraq and Iran, but then £I am not back in time with my main army to fight Russia. I keep them busy at the border with a collecrtion of corpse until my main armies come back...

So, euh... Why should you do nothing for a full year ?!?

Every turn that a full strength unit does nothing is a turn lost, if you ask me.

Originally posted by Scook:

With the current weather, you should be able to take out France by May, 1940.

Euh... France usually falls in 1939 with me (against AI).

On turn 1, I operate half my forces to Benelux (and take Poland with the other half).

On turn 2 I take the Benelux.

On turn 3 I take Denmark, Poland and move south from the Benelux. Paris is usually mine in december 1939. Sometimes one turn later, depending on the weather.

It is a prerequisite that you take France, that is just the beginning of the game. Then you have to prepare an Army and Airforce to defeat the endless expanses of the USSR.

Really Egypt is a sideshow. Scandanavia and Spain are a resource Rich opportunity, but beware the Diplomatic consequences of every Minor you kill. Also, if you do not attack the Russians early enough beware! He may just shock you and attack you and destroy you utterly.. a Few minors doesn't equal success, though granted Germany shouldn't go in to Barbarossa without having at least secured her flanks... Against a good Allied player you will find this more and more difficult, poorer ones you do not need to worry and you will easily conquest the Whole of the USSR and game over

Ultimately your #1 goal prep destroy the Russians... That or completely wipe out the British on both fronts but beware bringing the Russians and Americans in prematurely if you should not time it properly, game over against an able Ally

Originally posted by carlrender:

TaoJah - i'm impressed, what version & settings are you using?

1.04, all difficulty setting maxed.

The trick is to do many tasks at once by using all your units every turn and only use as many units per task that are needed.

For instance in the opening move : you don't need all those units in Poland, you'll take it in turn 3 with only half of the units. So on the start of turn one, you can operate half your troops out of Poland to the Low countries and attack them on turn 2.

You should do this every turn : only use the units that are needed for a certain task and operate the rest to another task.

But as Scook points out, against a human player, it's a different game : for instance : it is impossible to take France in 1939 against a human opponent that knows what he's doing.