Information for Battlefront.com

Hello,

I give you here the link of contact "CYBERSTRATEGE", the most important revue of PC wargames in France :

http://www.cyberstratege.com/contact/

If you send them informations about the game and one examplary, they will test it and will do publication in "CYBERSTRATEGE". All "classical wargamers" in France buy CYBERSTRATEGE, and I have created in the french forum of the magazine

a thread about STRATEGIC COMMAND.

"Bienvenue en France", Mister Hubert President... tongue.gif

Hello fantomas,

thanks, we know Syberstratege very well and the owner TheĆ³phile. You will notice a large preview of Histwar in the current issue, and a number of other articles about our games.

By the way, a localized french version of SC2 will appear in stores in France later this year through our partner Walkon, which are also doing a German release.

Martin

French version ? Youpi !!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

Other suggestion : It would be nice to organize here espace for downloading (mods, icons, patches, utilities, etc...) : I think due the game will be 10000 % moddable with unit, countries, map and scenarios editors, you will have a great number of different mods : 14-18, Pacific war, Civil war, american independance war, Spain civl war, Russian civil war, war of Falklands, Roman empire, etc...

It would be good to concentrate them here tongue.gif

Originally posted by fantomas:

Other suggestion : It would be nice to organize here espace for downloading (mods, icons, patches, utilities, etc...)

There are already sites made for that :)

I prefer quality of quantity : I'm afraid that there will be alot of mods, but only very, very, very few with good AI scripts.

Waterloo would be nice too, I love to play that battle. It ALWAYS puzzles me how Napoleon could loose that battle, surely the AI could do better then him there !

OTaoJah Waterloo: There are lots of reasons why Napoleon lost. One of his weaknesses was he was a great attacking general but less able in other situations. This lead to some great victories but Wellington himself commented that Napoleon had no idea how to fight a defensive battle. At Waterloo Napoleon expended huge casualties assaulting very well defended British positions. And his assault tactics were less effective because of the excellent British firepower. Another weakness was he was light on cavalry and Napoleonic wafrare was very much combined arms. There was also Grouchy's miscoordination and the French lost the preliminary battles. And yes, it was still close......

I have visited the battlefield south of Waterloo(near Mont saint jean) twice. It's a rather small area and it looks almost like it did in 1815. The head-on assault did surely cost to much casualties.

Napoleon tried a diversion at Hougomont but Wellington refused to move more troops than necessary there bleeding Jerome's troops dry.

Maybe Napoleon should have combined the attack by I corps with an assault on the right part of the english center to stretch english reserves. But it's far from sure that would have succeeded.

Has everyone forgotten that the whole Prussian Army showed up on the French Flank...thereby making it impossible to continue on with assaulting the British forces?.

Not only that...but that also one of the heaviest or more than heavy seasonal rainfalls had just taken place the night before..thereby making the overall situation even more difficult in every way to contend with!.

Not only that...but Napoleone had 1/3rd of his army sent on a Goose-Chase chasing after the Prussians by an 'Inept' and so these 40,000 troops of his were never used in the Waterloo battle!.

Thanks fantomas, didn't even know that site existed!

I have already [pre]-ordered my copy but I think I can buy it also when it comes out in French smile.gif

If USA or GB had been connected German neighbours in 1939, do you think they would of survived? smile.gif

Certainly not : They had no military engineering of France.

French operations in 1940 were a model of the kind : recession of the centre, feint, then recession again, and again, and again, and again, again, again and to finish, envelope by wings with the angles and Saxon mercenaries and grip with lapel. Obviously, that took 4 years, but this plan was absolutely brilliant. I think that GB or USA would not be able to elaborate and perfectly excute this great operation... Only France can do that sort of brillant things :D:Dtongue.gif

You kidding me? Dude, you know how many fanatics we have in the USA when we fight for freedom? Think of the natural defenses we have...just the mountains alone. You know how many hunters & gunslingers would fight? Throw in the city gang thugs with the country boys.

USA rocks!

Rambler!! PRC dudes outnumber the sands of the beach. Should we Americans give them a chance if they blow up a carrier group? Nah! Just turn them to dust? Who needs the wankers. Ha ha ha ha ha ........... ha ha. Have another drink dear. Then once more into the breach dear friend. Must be too cold are somefink, duh. Taggy

The British lined up two deep to bring more firepower to bear! Gen. Ney's forces were set as follows... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... only the front two columns could fire i.e. the first 30 dots as an example Wellingtons forces were setup as follows: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: giving Wellington's force's twice the firepower. Also square hurt the french. No horse will charge bayonet's