iMac Intel -- NVIDIA?

Time for me to bite the bullet and upgrade to a machine that will play windows games.

My choice is between iMacs (Intel dual core), one with ATI Radeon X1600, the other with NVIDIA GeForce 7300. I see NVIDIA mentioned favorably in the forums and ATI not so much. Is NVIDIA the better choice for an iMac user?

I would appreciate any comments by Mac users about running Windows under Boot Camp on an iMac, video driver issues (or driver isssues of any type), aspect ratio issues or any other surprises I might need to be aware of as I begin using Windows for gaming.

Mostly just interested about playing CMX1 at the moment, though I plan to give TOW a look when my new system is up and running.

Thanks for any pointers you would like to share.

• 2 weeks later...

Im running a 17" core2duo iMac with the ATI option.

Im about to install bootcamp to get the TOW demo running. Everything Ive seen in the TOW forums seems to indicate that it will run fine, though I will probably have to optimise video settings to get it running smoothly... CMAK should be a walk in park

I should be up and running in a couple of days, Ill post some feedback when everything is running smoothly *touch wood*

Other than that, the Imac C2D machines are great, I havent had any problems with mine... even out performs my bro's dual 2.8(?) ppc on games like COD, Quake4, Doom3 etc

Just got XP on my iMac C2D machine in the weekend.... works perfectly! :D

is now running CMAK without any glitches (although it would be nice if it supported a higher res.)

TOW is also running sweet at full video settings - this amazes me, as Ive read loads of posts about people experiencing very low FPS on PC's.

The only thing you need to check before installing bootcamp is that you have downloaded/confirmed the latest frimware is installed... then just follow the prompts and wait 1hr for windoze to install itself.

Hermitage, if you buy a new mac you will also have 2 button functionality on the mighty mouse - 1 button, but it recognises what side of the mouse you are clicking.

Buy yourself one of those new dual quad C2D suckers :cool: ... youll be honking along without a care in the world