Patton Drives East Expansion Released!!!

pde_thumb.jpg

The second expansion in the acclaimed Strategic Command 2 grand strategy series, Patton Drives East is now available!

Available in three delivery formats (Download, Mail Delivery and joint Download+Mail Delivery), Patton Drives East explores the "what ifs" of a post WWII conflict between the Allies and USSR as well as including various hypothetical revisions of classic WWII campaigns.

Order the Download or Download+Mail version and you can download the game today and be playing within minutes! The Mail Delivery version should begin shipping out from our warehouse in about one weeks time.

If you would to check out the game before purchasing, the official demo is also now available.

Order today!!!

• 3 weeks later...

SOME INITIAL BEEF'S!!!:

1939_Storm Of Steel:

***What im seeing here, is an IMPOSSIBLE timetable for the German's to at all achieve 'Historicity' as it really was!. They are 'Gunni-Sacked' & have their 'Hands-Tied' behind their back's, even before they even begin the game!.

EG: the initial 'GERMAN-Forces' in 'POLAND' are way too unbelievably understrength!,...as well as the ITALIAN forces in 'North-Afrika'...who are as well incredibly understrength is a game-breaker problem [if Playing The AXIS],...and also what burn's me the most, is that when ROMMEL appeared in North-Afrika...i think???...it was in DEC_1940,...this event or the disposition of his initial forces are not acknowledged or recognized/represented at all???.

I Know also that the RUSSIAN-FORCES were way-understrenght Materially/Technologically in 1940 as verses the GERMAN'S. That is why 3,100,000 Russian's surrendered to the German's in about the 1st-two week's of the war!. The Russian's quickly mobilized 5,000,000 more Russian-Troop's quickly following that debacle'!.

TRANSLATION: The RUSSIAN'S were in NO-POSSIBLE-POSITION to attack the 3rd-Riech as early as is depicted in many of these user made game's as early as they try to make it seem possible when in reality it was IMPOSSIBLE!.

1941_Shattered Alliance:

***As yet i have-not fully studied everything yet!,...but even so, the very-1st impression im getting is that the German unit's that would/should have been at the ready to assist the Allies...are-mysteriously-not-present at all???.

[ May 25, 2008, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

Retributar,

For the 1939 Storm of Steel campaign you should be able to bring the Axis forces up to strength by the time the historical invasion date of September 1, 1939 rolls around... well at least that was what we were shooting for with the earlier start date of the campaign.

For the Shattered Alliance campaign could you be more specific since there are many German units on the board at the start of the campaign but of course weakened and at the point of just surviving some some critical battles like the Battle of the Bulge etc., before formally surrendering to the Western Allies to join forces against the Soviets. Their weakened state reflects the amount of time that would be needed for reorganization and redeployment to the Eastern front.

1945_Stalin Drives West

In my opinion, this is another "SLAUGHTER-HOUSE-FIVE" situation in-disfavour of the Allies!. Even though the 'PACIFIC-WAR' is supposed to be concluded, the Allies are extremely-SEVERELY-RESTRICTED in supplies of men & equipment!. On the other hand, the Russian Juggernaut steam-rolls happily & effortlessly over the European Landscape!...with overwhelming numbers and unit's at full-strength & full-supply!,...whereas the Allies are suffering heavy manpower shortages for nearly 50% of their unit's as well as supply shortages and are finding it nearly impossible to replace destroyed unit's!.

The U.S. of A's...mighty-industrial-output-complex doesn't seem to be represented here at all???.

1948_The Berlin Crises

Im finding this game particularily challenging & terribly interesting!. The 'Play-Balance' in this Scenario is i think, extremely well done!.

Im playing well into the night on this one, it's definitely holding my interest!.

Retributar, what you'll find in the 1945 Stalin Drives West campaign is that the Soviets generally have a good run for the first few years as they push the Allies out of Europe... but once the US industrial complex gets into high gear it becomes quite the challenge for the USSR to hold onto all of its possessions as the Allies re-land in Europe and North Africa etc.

A bit of an ebb and flow, if you will, to the campaign smile.gif