I dont know if this has been brought up before but could it be possible to have a actual weather forcast popup like in panzer general which would give a two week prediction?This could allow for some minor adjustments to planned attacks.Of course being a forcast it wouldnt be 100%accurate.

Buy a crystal ball. Same chance as the weatherman in predicting the weather.

Dont you love it when weatherman is announcing there will be no rain today as it is pouring down. Sometimes I think they forgot to look out the window.

That would not be accurate. Turns are weeks and months in length and back then they had a hard time predicting a few days in advance.

The DDay landings were part guess by the weather people and this was just hours looking ahead.

A pop giving you an idea about what is coming weeks or months would simply be unrealistic to the extreme.

Guest Mike

IMO it would be appropriate to tell people when it changes seasons, and what weather can be expected.

Personally I only ever look at what the weather is NOW! :cool:

Excellent idea imho smile.gif

Although prediction is/was far from perfect, statistical info like is entered in the editor in percentages was already available since the beginning of the 20th century(at least here in the Netherlands).

The model is also more sophisticated now with the split between Primary and Secondary weather.

So it would be a very nice feature to add imho,

especially since weather is playing such a big role.

[ July 05, 2007, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: n0kn0k ]

Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

IMO it would be appropriate to tell people when it changes seasons, and what weather can be expected.

Personally I only ever look at what the weather is NOW! :cool:

If people don't know when Winter, Spring, Autumn and Summer occur then they have bigger things to worry about than how to play a WW2 game. :eek:

Not fair Blashy. The SC2 weather categories may (I'm assuming Hubert knows more about weather than I do smile.gif ) be more accurate than the basic seasons as most people know them, but they're not the same as the seasons that most recognise.

Late Fall is early winter to me.

Half of Late Spring is early summer to me.

Early Fall is a month later than I'd expect.

Late Winter is early spring to me.

All that aside, it feels really wierd to get to July before Summer hits (turn duration wise)

Blashy you are aware the seasons in certain areas are different then wherever you live. So if you were raised in Australia you may or may not know that winter is when summer is there.

I know I didnt know that until I went to Australia in Jan 1995 and discovered that was summer for them.

In the 5 years I spent in Nam I found they only have two seasons monsoon and hot and sometimes hot with monsoon. No winter, fall or spring that I ever saw.

So seasons are not as clear as they first appear.

Understand nn, but popups clutter the program.

We have enough now.

What is "properties" for, the game manual? The fun is in discovery, dealing with the unknown is all we have to simulate the situation as it existed, something to neutralize our hindsight advantage.

The better knowledge you have of the game mechanics the better your predication of the possible circumstances of your actions.

Isn't this what each of us face in our everyday lives. Could it be that SC would be helpful in making our lives a little less cataclysmic?

Let's don't dumb down our community, there's already an avalanche of that. Hold our brethren to higher level of achievement and let the players interact, the vets will bring the freshmen along.

The weak will fall by the wayside, let them regress to other games.

We'll all be the better for it.

My idea would be to link the popups to your advancement on the battlefield.

So the popup would contain only usefull information to you.

Just to give an indication of how diverse the system is.

Generals relied on weather reports also ;)

This is for Spring time only, so 8x as many variations to "learn".

weather.JPG