Weapons and Warfare Player vs. Player AAR

Originally posted by arado234:

Blashy i thought i would have been reading about a massive uboat campaign.I figured thats what you were going to try.

No this game I wanted to test heavily the new AA units. Normal Dude can fill you in on if they are doing significant damage.

I am testing a heavy sub strategy vs. the AI.

You don't beta test to win, you beta test to see if everything works good smile.gif .

[ August 21, 2007, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: Blashy ]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubert,

Surely if SC2/WaW is a game of strategic options then "Germans prepare well for Russian Winter" is a valid possibility.

Would suggest paying a bit more for a unit (as an upgrade) for reduction in a particular weather effect. Not just Russian winters.

Think its better doing this way than as a technology - Germans could have prepared better with what they knew - they only need to have read about Napoleon's experiences.....

Originally posted by Blashy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by arado234:

Blashy i thought i would have been reading about a massive uboat campaign.I figured thats what you were going to try.

No this game I wanted to this heavily the new AA units. Normal Dude can fill you in on if they are doing significant damage.

I am testing a heavy sub strategy vs. the AI.

You beta test to win, you beta test to see if everything works good smile.gif . </font>One effect of the new sub rules is that even though Blashy did not decide to use subs this game, my UK had to prepare for them anyways, because I can't read his mind in 1940. So I had to research ASW and build destroyers early regardless. Helps put a stop to some gamey Britain moves.

The AA seems to be effective. It did a very decent amount of damage to my UK air force attacking Turkey. Considering I had complete and overwhelming air superiority, the AA defenses meant I had to spend a considerable amount of time and MPP reinforcing between attacks.

Good idea Colin, but one way or the other it still consumes MPPs.

If it is a variable with a possible nth degree, then there is always the chance that you were advised correctly by your staff and the ramifications weren't so acute.

Remember you have hindsight our predecessors didn't possess.

Yeah I know.... Napoleon....but how many humans actually use historical reference to foretell the future.....ha, ha, what a joke, you have to believe the earthly inhabitance have some intelligence.

Doomed to repeat.

Winter upgrades would be interesting but I think it would add an unnecessary level to the gameplay. The Soviet Winter is a unique event in the game and one that plays a big part in slowing down the Germans, allowing the Russians to regroup and even attack.

I would rather keep the SW effects in the game as part of the game and something to strategize around in other ways. There is much more skill involved in knowing how to properly handle the Soviet Winters as the Germans than simply investing in winter gear so you don't have to think about it.

The SW really does add a fun and different dynamic to that part of the war.