Updates on Paintman Scenarios from Cmmods.com

Update on my scenarios:

Removing the Axis AI, and Alternate Fall Weiss scenarios, due to zero user feedback.

Fall Weserubung: My mini-campaign of the German invasions of Denmark and Norway. The updated version, compatible with v1.06, will be uploded to cmmods the day that the patch becomes official.

- I have added two new terrain types: roads, and rough terrain.

- New main screen.

- Long AI "thinking" time has been RESOLVED. Turns are MUCH faster.

- Added a small diplomacy feature that allows Germany to press Sweden for an early use of their railroad connection from Oslo to Narvik. The British can also press for opposite results.

Fortress Europa:

The updated version, compatible with v1.06, will be uploded to cmmods the day that the patch becomes official.

- New main screen.

- Long AI "thinking" time has been RESOLVED. Turns are MUCH faster.

- Other minor changes and fixes.

2010 The Russians are Coming!

The updated version, compatible with v1.06, will be uploded to cmmods the day that the patch becomes official.

V 1.01 Changes:

- The game is now in SC 2 v1.06.05. It is backwards compatible with v1.05a.

- Added extra ports to the Soviet landing site. Although it looks a bit silly, it was the only way to relieve the congestion caused

by the AI's total inability to keep the landing beaches clear for incoming troops.

- Toned down the beginning Soviet Air Force.

- Changed some sprites, sound files, and the Main Screen.

- Gave the USA more starting MMPs, and the USSR a higher industrial %.

- Significantly reduced the defensive charactistics of military bases. They now offer a little ground protection, but offer very good

air protection and a high entrenchment.

- Air fleets, ships, and bombers, now have realistic combat radius's (with a limit of 25 tiles max), based on data from globalsecurity.org.

- Cleaned up the 2D military sprites, they look much nicer now.

- Moved the Attack Aircraft to the Fighter slot, with a spotting range of 1. This way, the AI will not likely intercept with them, as they are

ground attack, not air. They were moved from the bomber slot because they would always attack the cities on default, not the units in them. Make

sure you set your attack aircraft to "Ground" so that they do not intercept.

- Made Artillery more powerful.

- Fixed up some 3-D unit sprites, and replaced some of the American aircraft sprites and the American carrier sprite.

- Fixed up some sprite outlines.

- Added some new sounds.

V 1.02 Changes:

- Replaced some sprites with better ones.

- Altered some sounds.

- Mitigated the AI think time problem by removing the Russian carriers. Compensated by giving them one extra warship and one extra fighter.

- Fixed the attack aircraft ranges.

- Gave fighters a little bit more ground attack power.

V 1.03 Changes:

- Made the scenario campatible with SC 2 1.06.

- Replaced the generic and fake default explosion sound with a real explosion, of a distant 120mm mortar round.

- Replaced the Russian artillery sprite, I was never happy with the original.

- Re-colored some Russian vehicles to make them fit in slightly better.

- Did some minor bitmaps clean-up.

- Added a new Main Page bitmap.

1984 World War Three:

Development has been indefinetly halted at about 50% completion due to lack of player interest.

1989 Fulda Gap:

70% complete. This is a short, fast, furious scenario depicted a battle of NATO vs the Warsaw Pact for the control of the Fulda Gap in central Germany and ultimately for Frankfurt.

Features:

- The design philosophy and ultimate goal of this scenario is to make a short, action-packed, replayable, and FUN battle. It takes place in June and is 30 turns long, each turn representing one day. The map is small, only slightly bigger than the screen can cover(non-widescreen). The scale is brigade-sized units.

- New graphics and new sounds, including American, Russian and German pilot radio chatter for airstrikes, interceptions, etc. I edit them all myself using professional software.

- Heavily researched, with VERY accurate OOBs. All sources will be included in the scenario README.

- A new use of the Diplomacy feature. Instead of purchasing units, the player takes the role of the CENTAG commander and uses the diplomacy feature to "ask" higher command for units or special events. For example, the NATO player could ask for a friendly division in an adjoining battle sector off-map to make a flanking attacking into the region and help out his forces, or ask for more REFORGER units to be diverted to his sector, or ask for more AA defenses, or even ask for a strategic bomber strike on opposing enemy airbases. The amount of possibilities will be very large.

The progress of the war in adjoining sectors will also be modeled abstractly, and this will affect the requests that may be honored.

- Scripts that can be turned on or off to dramatically change the variability and challenge of the scenario for either side. For example, one optional script will provide random reinforcements for both sides throughout the scenario, at semi-random locations! Another optional "balancing" script can be selected which will constantly give the losing side advantages, such as nuclear weapons, reinforcements, etc. Selecting certain scripts will basically change the entire scenario, allowing for more replayability.

- New terrain concepts, including off-board tiles for airbases, and now a road bonus for moving along roads instead of clear terrain. Also, fortresses have now been made invisibile to the player so that they can be used as zones for incoming units from UNIT scripts to enter. This means units don't just appear at cities anymore, they can come from anywhere....

[ February 13, 2007, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Normal Dude ]

Great list Normal Dude and I defintely recommend everyone at least try out 2010 The Russians are Coming as soon as the patch is available. This is one I had a chance to take a quick look at and it is a great example of what is possible via the Editor, not only a great MOD but a complete overhaul using the SC2 engine to create a custom game... very nice work indeed smile.gif

Just because some of us are not constantly commenting, doesn't mean that we are not interested!.

It's just that life's business/problem's get in the way sometime's and we are just not as ready-willing & able to be at all place's at once!.

In time, yes i myself will even have more time than of late for these venture's!.