Hi !

Until now my "war path" with the Axis was always as follows :

- Poland with Germany.

- Denmark with Germany.

- Benelux with Germany.

- France with Germany.

- Sealion with Germany.

- Guard the Atlantic with the German Navy(*).

- Garisson all cities in every occupied country (*).

- Destroy UK Navy in Egypt with Italians.

- Keep the UK pinned in Egypt with the the Italian Navy.

- Barbarossa with Germany and Italians.

(*) This isn't really needed, since the AI never uses it's US troops anyway, but I consider it gamey not to.

Research : Infantry weapons, Advanced Aircraft, Long Range aircraft (although I'm beginning to think this isn't REALLY needed), Intelligence, Production technology.

Now I'm thinking of this :

- Poland with Germany.

- Denmark with Germany.

- Benelux with Germany.

- France with Germany.

- Vichy France with Germany and Italy.

- Destroy UK Navy in Egypt with Italians

- Norway with Germany.

- Sweden with Germany.

- Spain with Germany and Italy.

- Portugal with Germany and Italy.

- Gibraltar with Germany and Italy.

- Sealion with Germany and Italy.

- Tunis with Italy (just for supply in North Africa, does this still work anyway ?).

- Guard the Atlantic with the German Navy.

- Garisson all cities in every occupied country.

- Keep the UK pinned in Egypt with the the Italian Navy.

- Barbarossa with Germany and Italy.

The research would be the same, except that perhaps I'll take Industrial research too. In my current path it doesn't do much since I don't have alot of cities, but if I take all the minors it may be usefull.

What do you guys think, would this be good ?

The USSR will probably DOW on me before I get to Barbarossa, but I guess I can defend against it for a while. The HUGE MPP income from all the minors should offset this disadvantage.

[ April 18, 2006, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: TaoJah ]

Basically the second alternative guarantees you a high amount of MPP pere turn... but early war entry with russia. I think most players gain more strength by a delayed russian war entry... you upgrade and resupply all units, and your MPP accounts is increasing while Russia and the USA get almost nothing.

On the other hand Russia "burns" its good units on the east german border when you let them attack... and if you start a counterattack after this, they have nothing against it.

I would go for alternative number 1, but include norway, coz it`s´easy just to capture Oslo, before the Allies do it.

For Spain I would use diplomacy.... they have planes and ships, and with spain in the boot the axis is almost undefeatable.

Originally posted by Hyazinth von Strachwitz:

I would go for alternative number 1, but include norway, coz it`s´easy just to capture Oslo, before the Allies do it.

For Spain I would use diplomacy.... they have planes and ships, and with spain in the boot the axis is almost undefeatable.

I did scenario number one for 6 games now, I'm bored with it and was wondering if scenario 2 is an option :)

And I don't do diplomacy : even though I could use the Spanish troops to garrison, I consider Diplomacy un wargame-like !

Okay... understood. Of course scenario number 2 is an interesting option.... in my eyes it makes it more difficult for the axis, but the more difficult, the more interesting. The best games I played in SC1 where such games where I was attacked early by Russia... makes the most fun. Establishing a defence line from Königsberg southwards to Romania with 10 Units is always somewhat complicated.... but if it works and the other units join later, it`s triple fun... or the Middle East/Caucasus option. Played that earlier with Panzer General... very good fun.

Originally posted by Hyazinth von Strachwitz:

Establishing a defence line from Königsberg southwards to Romania with 10 Units is always somewhat complicated...

Well, I just finished the second scenario on max difficulty levels and had a Major Victory on 22 november 1942.

I did everything as described, except that I didn't garrison all occuping cities, only in the UK. You can simply not buy enough corpses to garrison all those countries, lol.

Originally posted by hellraiser:

Try this minor feeding fest versus a human player smile.gif

You can't : there aren't enough units in the game to defend all of it. You should raise the limit of unit for a game like that IMHO.

Against a human player, he'd probably do much better in Spain and Russia.

I'd probably could do Sealion, but I'm not sure about Spain, there are ALOT of troops there !